Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th Season Turkey

MuzzHunter

On a 20ft High
I finally got a chance to post my fourth season turkey. Saturday May 14 me and LIV4RUT decieded to go and see if we could try and fill at least one of our fourth season tags. The morning started with us sneeking within 60 yds of 3 toms on the roost. They were up there gobbling their heads off. Then Liv would give a few clucks and they would really fire up, it was awesome. They were gobbling for about an hour. We thought for sure we were going to get atleast one of them. Then when they finally decided to fly down from the roost, we became a little disappointed because we were set up on the wrong ridge and they flew on the next ridge over. Liv tried to get one of them to respond, but they weren't talking anymore. When all of a sudden I happened to look over and see this tom coming into his calling. The tom came to within 15 yards and I smoked him with the shotgun. He didn't even flop. He ended up having 11 1/8in beard, weighed 23lbs, and had 1 3/8 & 1 1/4in spurs. This is only my second turkey ever and is my biggest.

35702005_Turkey-med.jpg

Top Bottom