Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th Season????

Blaster

PMA Member
What's everybody seeing for action so far this 4th season? Last weekend the birds were tough to call in. I hope those hens are nesting this weekend!

For me it has been the same as season 1-3. Lots of toms on the move but don't pay attention to calling or decoys.

Same here.

They are in that stupid state.

They expect the hens to come to them and will not budge.

I had one at 52 yards and had three hens go to him and leave
and he would not follow them or come any closer.

Hens are nesting. Hope they start searching the hens again.

Good luck to you.

picturk14.GIF

The Toms are responding real well down this way after 9:00 a.m. Most of the hens are back on the nest and the gobblers are still searching for a hen to breed.

Use clucks and purrs and use them sparingly, yelping mid morning hasn’t be working well for me. JMO!

barbed.gif

I completely understand your frustration :mad:. My nephew and I ran into that right off the roost Sunday morning and ended up finding a hot tom a little later. Same story off the roost Tuesday morning as a couple friends and I had 2 toms and then a little later another single tom (3 total) following 5 hens all over a bean field in front of us for 3+ hours. There is now only 2 toms as I had them patterned well enough to know there travel route to roost that evening :grin:.
I would think that the mid morning to mid afternoon hunt would be more productive as I am seeing alot of lone hens out in the middle of nowhere obviously nesting.

Good luck :way:

Top Bottom