Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

5" Rains are good for something

dblmainbeam

This is my personal best on any outing.I found these today all in the same area in less than an hour. All the rain helped a ton. I also found a pile of flake.
788ebay_deer_063.jpg
788ebay_deer_064.jpg
788ebay_deer_069.jpg

Its been a good 2 days. I didn't have my camera but my 10 old boy caught his biggest walleye yesterday 6 lbs 3 oz. We released it. He really wanted to keep it but I convinced him we had to let it go. I just about kicked my own butt for forgetting the camera.

That is so awesome!
smile.gif
I would love to find something like that someday. I've never looked for artifacts; how do you go about it? Do you just look anywhere, or are there landmarks and terrain features you look for? Do you dig or do they just get washed up?
Congrats on your finds!

One of the places I look is absolutly loaded with artifacts.....however....some numbnut beat us to the field 2 weeks ago when dad and I went looking. We still found some broken pieces but none as awesome as what you found.....great find!!!!

I look for what I think is an old lake then look up on the hills around it for dips in the terrain that are flat that looks like it would have been a nice spot out of the wind and where water wouldn't flood out a camp. Then I walk around if I find any flake I start to look alot closer.
Shredder somebody beat me to my spot there were footprints all over. I almost left right away but decided that they couldn't have found them all. Last year I found a perfect arrowhead in someone elses footprint. Im glad I waited.

Top Bottom