Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

#58 for Woodbury County

Handcannon

Reported my buck this morning, he's #58 for my county. Here's the story & pics /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The rut is on /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Got in the stand at 6:15am, waited & grunted, rattled, grunted, waited some more.....a lot more. About 7:50am I see this shooter 8 point on the other side of the creek standing broadside to me at 40 yds, he's looking behind him. It was no effort to decide to take him if he came to my side of the creek. This doe (one of the twins) comes flying by him & flies through the creek & scares the 8 point away. I was like - CRAP, stupid doe. Then I see a 6 point & another small buck that was acting really nervous, both of them kept looking behind them. They crossed the creek & are in front of me. I look over & there is a BIG deer standing on the other side of the creek. He walks around for a few minutes & I see he's headed to cross the creek & come out in front of me. I'm drawn & waiting w/ my heart in my head /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif He took forever to get across, I relaxed the bow. Finaly he gets out & I shoot just under his belly behind his front leg. I couldn't believe I missed...it was a 20 yard shot!!! He spooked about 10 yds farther & was still broadside. At 8am I put the 30 pin on him & let it fly. Thump!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I was quietly doing the happy dance /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I watched him run around to the top of the bank & lost sight of him. Then this nice 6 comes running from the fallen tree in the bean field up to where I just shot my deer! He walked to the place I last saw my deer & was getting spooked & came back to me. I waited for what seemed like forever & found out what spooked the nice 6. My deer was coming back but he didn't get very far /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif He's a nice 12? point (10 w/ stickers?), 19" wide, 4.25" G1s, 10.5" G2s, 8" G3s, etc. I could hardly get him in the truck by myself. Sorry for the truck pics but I didn't have any way to get some field photos....I gotta get a tripod /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif . Dads turn is next /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

100_4532_1.jpg

100_4537_1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was quietly doing the happy dance </div></div>

Nice work on the second shot! Congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Congrats! Very nice buck!

Being solo and trying to take pics is hard. I was going to break out the tripod today but thank goodness for friends.

Top Bottom