Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

60# or 70#?

I think it all boils down to shooting what you are comfortable with. 60# and 70# will kill a deer. Just dont shoot too much trying to be a hero.

[ QUOTE ]
I think a great compromise between 60 or 70 lbs, and probably great for the bow companys too, would be to make a bow that would be 55 - 65 lbs. I think a bow like this would be a good seller, maybe I'm wrong.
I've got a 70 lb bow and don't have a problem pulling it back, but pulling at 65 lb is a lot more enjoyable to shoot, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.

I just had another guy on another forum arguing that it is a myth that bows perform best at their peak weight. He has a 70# bow and turns it down to 62#. I knew he was wrong so I called Bowtech's headquarters and spoke with John in their tech dept and to quote him."

A bow is going to perform best at its' peak weight and it leaves the factory at it's peak weight. When you turn the poundage down you are throwing off the specs of the cams, the draw length changes, and you are not getting full deflex out of the limbs of the bow. The bow is not as efficient as it was designed to be." End of quote
Phone # off of Bowsites website:
888-689-1289

My wife says I should have been an attorney, I always research my facts.
grin.gif

BTW, Boyd at Buck Hollow sports told me this exact same info last friday. People tend not to believe the info on the internet or from their proshop and this is why I called Bowtech and spoke to John in technical so that there would be no dispute.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Boyd at Buck Hollow sports told me this exact same info last friday. People tend not to believe the info on the internet or from their proshop and this is why I called Bowtech and spoke to John in technical so that there would be no dispute.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What I want to know is who gave John his info?

Also you know what they say about Attorneys when they open their mouths
grin.gif

Also how does loosing the limb bolts change draw length, did you put a longer or shorter string on it? or different mods or cams?

That is like saying a D-loop changes your draw length...........ummmmmmmm sure it does
confused.gif

If you rotate both the limbs the same amount how would that throw the cams off? Especially on a single cam bow
confused.gif

Technically they should stay timed.

Why do I care also, if my bow shoots where it is aimed
confused.gif

Top Bottom