Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

60 Years Young Today

Alphamale

Today I turned 60. Man, I can't believe it. I don't feel 60 in my mind but there are days my body feels 80.

Being self employed, I have been able to hunt almost everyday that I want to since 1969 after serving in the Marine Corp.

How many of you remember when Archery Field and Sports was called Woody's Archery on University Ave? There used to be a nice fluorescent sign in the window that spelled out "Woody's". One day my son (FishorHunt) was about 3 years old and bounced a rubber ball into the sign and broke it. Guess Ev didn't mind too much, he still helps me out now and then.

Any of you Ol Timers have trouble seeing your sight pins? I need bifocals to read but don't like to wear them in the tree as they make me feel unsafe. In 2005 I missed more deer than I care to admit. This year Erv at Archery Field and Sport set me up with a peep sight with a lens in it! I could actually see the sight pins!
This year practicing from my garage roof, I actually had 2 Robin Hoods. That is something I have never done in 38 years of bow hunting!! I also shot 5 doe this year but didn't get the "Big Buck" I wanted. If you eyes are getting older try this peep sight, sure helped me.

Sorry, don't mean to ramble on, but you only turn 60 once. Now I'm off to the Pheasant Fest.

Good Luck Shed Hunting everyone! Maybe someday we'll all find that Big One!

Happy Birthday!
beerchug.gif
Congrats on 60 years!

Man you are old. They say there are two things that happen when you get old. First one is you lose your memory and I forgot the second one.

The 'Bonker

Happy Birthday dad. Thanks for everything you've done for me over the years and for introducing me to hunting. It was nice to see you at Pheasant Fest today even though you don't bird hunt much these days. It nice to know you support something I work very hard at keeping afloat. I hope when I'm sixty I'll have had as many memories with Luke has you had with me (and no broken flourescent signs. Erv - I probably never apologized for that so....sorry). I warn Luke not to touch anything when we are in your shop just in case its hereditary.

Top Bottom