Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

65-69RR Day Corn! Deer Love it!

Riley17

Greetings,

CanaMaize is an awesome corn product for wildlife. The conventional varity has a maturation of 65 days! The Round-Up Ready version is only 69 days. The corn was developed in Canada as a grazing/forage corn.

Why use this for food/cover plots for Whitetails?

* Can plant late as the varity has a fast maturation. Great for planting areas that dry out later in the summer.
* CanaMaize has a very short stature. At full maturation will stand 4-5 feet! Perfect for planting on timber edges. You can see deer and with proper stand position shoot into it.
* High forage value. For cattle it is A leader in forage value. In plots our customers have the deer eat it down to the root!
* Has a small seed size. Can be drilled with forage type RR soybeans for the ultimate late season food plot.

I found out about this from a friend that obtained exclusive rights to market CanaMaize in the US. He asked me to help market it to the sporting market. http://www.canamaizeus.com

This is a great product. If you have any questions or to order please e-mail me. I will give you a call if you need more specifics.

Thanks

Jim Riley

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In plots our customers have the deer eat it down to the root!
</div></div>

Gee...that's just what I need.. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Heck I already have that problem /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can see deer and with proper stand position shoot into it.
</div></div>

Hmmmm...the whole reason I plant corn is so people can't shoot into it...

Probally a good product for some, I've played around with forage corn with cattle but I think forage soys would be better in that regard.

What's the price per bag on this product?

Where still working on the details of the pricing,what would be a fair price? I'm always looking for input from this site for market value. What does everyone think?

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midwestfoodplots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where still working on the details of the pricing,what would be a fair price? I'm always looking for input from this site for market value. What does everyone think?

Terry </div></div>

Ummmm, that would be FREE!!!! But only to nice guys like me.

How small a package will you be selling? How many pounds/acre of seed is needed?

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midwestfoodplots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where still working on the details of the pricing,what would be a fair price? I'm always looking for input from this site for market value. What does everyone think?

Terry </div></div>

I've seen prices quoted as high as $160 a bag for this stuff which is way out of my league /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

First off the need for something has to be great enough to warrant paying that kind of money.

Almost anyone in Iowa can get free RR seed corn from Pheasants Forever and low cost seed from NWTF.

So...what are the real advantages of a short season "forage" corn over RR "forage" soybeans for instance?

I want corn that does hide deer, I want corn that produces the maximum yield not half of what it should, I want corn that will be there in December...not "eaten to the root" but midsummer.

To often I see people willing to pay almost any price for something they are led to believe will dramtically increase their odds of harvesting a mature buck.

I don't see that in this product but others may see promise in their own situation.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

dbltree, should I assume you won't be first in line? Look, I'm not trying to overly push the product, just trying to make an alternative product available. May not be right for you, but thought I'd see if anyone else had interest and what that price point might be. If it's not going to sale, I don't need to carry it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just trying to make an alternative product available </div></div>

I know you are, nothing wrong with that /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I'm just a voice of reason, a buffer...making folks think first, to help them distinguish between a gimmick and something that truely offers a great oppurtunity in the way of food plots.

If I buy RR seed corn locally even at the same price per bag and treat it properly...it can yield 120-180 bushel per acre, while this product is lucky to achieve 80

It's hard enough for for plotters to keep corn or soybean plots from being decimated by all types of wildlife before season even starts...so what is the advantage of this type of corn??

We already have short season corn that is very successful as we saw this past year with late planted corn.

In your case as a wildlife seed dealer, why would you convince someone to use this seed versus any type of forage soybean you might carry???

Just asking honest questions so that folks can really see if it offers them what they really need... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I understand. In many cases, I'm not offering this lieu of RR Soybeans, but to complement them. Although it wasn't this product, we would run alternate rows between corn and soybeans and had real good success. It just allows folks to get creative if they want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It just allows folks to get creative if they want.
</div></div>

I'm all about that! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I have tried RR corn and soys, works great! I just take advantage of free seed corn and buy leftover soybean seed for 15 bucks a bag. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

RR corn and soybean plots

RRcornsoysdblerows.jpg

There pretty hard on the soys at my place though....can you sind some they don't like until...November? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

S5000112.jpg

Personally I think it's less expensive to buy conventional seed and use Dual Magnum II but Roundup is just easier for many plotters... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom