Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

7/14 Card Pull and Questions

Cyclone27

PMA Member
I decided to check my camera for the first time in a few weeks yesterday and here are a few cool pictures that I got...out of 4100.

The question that I have is regarding the buck in the second and third pictures. He has potential, is very unique, and is a great deer as far is this property is concerned. Do you guys think that he will put on some more inches over the next month or are they about done with their big time growth?

By the way he was in front of my camera every day over the past two weeks, definitely not camera shy!

It is hard to say how much longer the buck has to grow. It is really depending on the area this year. I am looking at a lot of these guys trail cam pics and their deer are a lot further along in the process than mine. But it is easy to see he is a young deer.

Updated Pics from 7/21

I figure I'll share some more pics because it's fun to watch everyone else's deer grow. I normally don't check cameras two weekends in a row but I did this time because I won't be back the next couple. This buck looks promising and is still putting on more each day. I have gotten almost 1000 pictures of him now so he is not shy to this area or the camera. I love the unique stickers on the rack but I don't think he is very old. He his however the biggest deer I've gotten pictures of on this property this year. I wouldn't mind taking him but what do you all think, shooter or not? Any guesses on score?

definitely a young deer probably a really healthy 2 and a half year old ..... probably not going to score more than 125... He has potential and probably needs a couple more years... He should be a really unique buck if you can let him walk... but I would have trouble doing so... maybe once he sheds velvet he wont look as tempting when his rack looks a little skinnier.

You should move your camera so it faces north or south. You'll get clearer and brighter photos as the sun won't be your backdrop.

definitely a young deer probably a really healthy 2 and a half year old ..... probably not going to score more than 125... He has potential and probably needs a couple more years... He should be a really unique buck if you can let him walk... but I would have trouble doing so... maybe once he sheds velvet he wont look as tempting when his rack looks a little skinnier.

My only fear is that, since I boarder public ground on one side and heavily hunted ground on another, he won't make it to be bigger and more unique! My families property is a tough place to make the call :confused:

You should move your camera so it faces north or south. You'll get clearer and brighter photos as the sun won't be your backdrop.

Agree. Some great looking areas just don't work that well around sunrise sunset. I've almost exclusively went to facing them north.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom