Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

7-28 Card Pull

Good Afternoon! Thus far, this summer has been excellent for getting pictures of whitetails for me. 2 weeks ago I posted a picture of a buck who looked a little different and looked like he had some potential. I couldn't focus at work at all on Friday knowing that I was going to be checking cameras that night. Thankfully this deer did not dissappoint, I have pictures of him almost everyday and during daylight hours!
picture.php

picture.php

Another buck showed up on camera this last round, main frame ten but the tips of his beams nearly touch. I think he is going to end up being somewhere in the 140's. He's also not shy of the camera.
picture.php

picture.php

An 8 pointer that I know pretty well showed up again as well. I have a few pictures of him last year and saw him a couple of times. In a couple years he should be a pretty good deer.
picture.php

Fawns have also started showing up on camera and it pleases me to see that many does have once again produced twins. What really surprised me on this pull is the amount of daylight pictures I had. With the warmer temps I assumed it would all be after dark pictures.

Either way, it looks as if 2012 is shaping up to be an excellent season. Within the next couple of weeks I'm going to ask for more permission on a couple of farms I've always hunted around but not on.

Good Luck to Everyone Else!!

Super cool buck with the twisty antler! Hopefully he doesn't crack that thing off before you catch up to him this fall. Maybe he has some muley genes in him. :D

I am not sure I know why, but I often see deer moving during daylight hours when it is super hot too. I suspect part of it may be that the daylight hours are longest this time of year and they can't lay down for 14-15 hours straight. It seems counterintuitive that they would move during high sun/heat periods, but they do.

It is not terrribly uncommon for us to get some our best buck trail cam pics about this time of year...during the mid day hours.

Can I ask?? What is the age you have on that first buck?, He is very cool, but wow If he was homing here, and safe, Personally I ( dumb me) would have to pass to see what he would do in another year- lol

bowGal said:
Can I ask?? What is the age you have on that first buck?, He is very cool, but wow If he was homing here, and safe, Personally I ( dumb me) would have to pass to see what he would do in another year- lol

I'm not sure on his age. This is the first year I've had pictures of him. My guess would put him at 4 1/2.

Top Bottom