Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

74 yd shot on a bear

That bear was spun quite a ways around before that loud Bowtech lobbed that arrow in there. Would have been a Mathews you wouldnt have heard it arrow would have flown like a bullet
smile.gif
{sorry had to say it}
ooo.gif

74 yards I wouldnt have dreamed of that. That is a really poor shot choice IMO, just based on distance.

Dean

wow, that was loud. Maybey it sounded louder on the video than in person, but I thought that was a bit noisier than normal.
crazy.gif

slow mathews would have had to lob so high, the arrow would have...........hold it, can you even aim a mathews high enough to float an arrow out to 74 yards?

[ QUOTE ]
slow mathews would have had to lob so high, the arrow would have...........hold it, can you even aim a mathews high enough to float an arrow out to 74 yards?

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO!! Good one.
grin.gif

Nice video. If you were shooting a hoyt the arrow would have been there before he even had a chance to move.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nice video. If you were shooting a hoyt the arrow would have been there before he even had a chance to move.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No Doubt!!!
grin.gif
smirk.gif
grin.gif

That was luck. That bear was half spun by the time the arrow got there. Poor hunting ethics.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That bear was spun quite a ways around before that loud Bowtech lobbed that arrow in there. Would have been a Mathews you wouldnt have heard it arrow would have flown like a bullet
smile.gif
{sorry had to say it}
ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No IF a mathews would have tried to shoot it it would have ??? still waiting??? and then fell short. All the bear could think would be haha Catch Me If You Can. GO PSE!!!
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

Well, if a guy had a mathews he obviously has already shown that he has to much intelligence to shoot at a bear that far away.

This whole video stinks from beginning to end. Not just that he took such a long shot, because there are people out there who can make that shot, because they have the skill and the equipment, but he shot TWO FEET to the left which means to me he had no business making that shot. Then he brags about how great his sponsor's broadheads were because they made a complete pass-through... on a gut shot!

Then he says the bear hardly went anywhere, but it is clear it's many hours later and they had to get dogs to find the gut-shot bear. I think the guy is FOS.

If this guy was on my pro-staff it would be the end of it right there.

I myself would never take a shot at an animal, especially a bear, on full alert and looking my direction as this bear was. A bear is a tough animal and their fat can plug a shot hole as to where there is a small blood trail; their coat can soak up a lot of blood too making for a hard track job. 50 yd shots on a muley or antelope in open country, yes.

I would say that the hunter was far less than truthful about this shot. In the first place every video for a product like a broadhead would have shown the recovered arrow at the site of the pass through abd the start of the blood trail. None of that here! The other thing was the bear that was propped up that he kept patting was stiff and hard as a rock. I have killed 2 bears myself and see maybe 50 others, so trust me when I say that a bear dosen't get that way for a long time. I have even seen bears field dress that have been in a ref truck for 4 or 5 hours that weren't that stiff.
I don't care what you shoot a bear in the gut with they don't "go right down"(snap) just like that. I saw a bear that had been gut shot with a 30/06 that we could not find until 2 days later, almost 2 miles away, because of the ravens and vultures lead us there. Oh yeah it also was a "complete pass through".

Never shot a bear or been near a bear kill, but I have helped track a few gut shot deer over the years AND that bear seemed to fit the bill.

Gut shot animals get a real sickly look to them before they die and their hair can fall out or be real clumped up like that bear's was.

Not a very ethical thought to take that shot, IMO.

I wouldn't take a 74 yard shot on an elephant assuming hypothetically the equipment would bring down an elephant.
confused.gif

That is one long shot and low % I'd guess.
confused.gif

Top Bottom