Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

8 or 10 power binocs?

Well, I just ordered mine today. I am getting the Nikon Monarch 8x42 in Realtree camo. Found a very good price at $230 + $8 shipping. Can't wait!

cool camoman!! that's right around what i paid for them as well!! let us know how you like them.

You will not be dissapointed in the Monarchs..... I have hunted with a pair for 4 years now and they work great. For the money they are hard to beat. I would highly recommend the 8X42 for whitetail hunting.... the lower the ratio of power ie 8 or 10 to objective lens size 42mm the less light transmission, thus you will see better at dawn and dusk with the 8 powers. They are exceptional quality optics at the price. Zeiss, Steiner, Leica, and the other germany and swiss made optics are sharper, more precision ground optics but for most of us not worth the extra cost.... you won't be disappointed with the Nikon monarchs.

Bought a pair of the Monarchs 8X42s also and love em... Am really impressed so far... Of coarse you are talking to someone that upgraded from a pair of pentax 16X42!

CamoMan I didn't know they made them in a camo pattern...

Limb, I didn't know that either, until I was looking on ebay. They are the same Monarch ATB binoculars, with a Realtree finish. I think it was listed as a special edition, but they are the same product otherwise. Given a choice, I like the camo look.

glad to hear that you two like the monarchs. for once i gave some positive feedback on the site!!
smile.gif

Limb, did you get them from the same arab sounding guy that i did?? the same web link i mean?? i called and could barely understand the dude, oh well, i got cheaper binocs!!

you guys got to quite it, you are making me want to save up for a pair now
blush.gif
well at least i know now if im ever in the market to know what to buy
smile.gif
how do they work while wearing glasses? thats my problem, i always have to take them off while using binoculars and have dropped my glasses many times from the stand?

the eye cups on monarchs move in and move out to accomodate glasses. i use my glasses and can see perfectly through them. next time we hunt together i'll show 'em toya.

Just got 'em yesterday in time for an evening turkey hunt. I thought my cheap pair of 7x35 binoculars did a fair job, but wow, what a difference by switching to these. I love these Nikons, and the clarity is awesome. I know a person could pay a lot more for a good pair, but this meets and exceeds my needs.

Top Bottom