Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

95 KGGO

turtlshell

PMA Member
Had a question proposed to listeners about deer hunting this morning, concerning the Kevin Kelly Tree Farm deer killing. They asked the listeners what they thought about deer hunting in Iowa.

A lot of terrible answers...and only two people who sounded like they knew something. One lady called in and said the DNR needs to extend the hunting season because it was only 10 days long. One city-slicker didn't see the need to hunt deer. One caller suggested Mr.Kelly invest in a lion.

Then a farmer from Monroe County called in and made some decent points. He said he doesn't agree that he now has to pay for his landowners tag...and explained that as a farmer if the IDNR were serious about helping him out they'd provide him free tags. He went on to say that everything is money driven which is why he must pay for his landowners tags, and that he thought the late doe season was too expensive (I agree). He suggested the DNR put a bounty on deer if they wanted population to be put in check (he said this jokingly, so don't freak out, because we all know a bounty would end deer hunting by increasing poaching).

Anyone else hear it? Sure beats the heck out of MANCOW.

It all started when on of the DJ's brought up an article in todays Des Moines Register by John Carlson about Kelly grtting fined $1500.00 for replacement cost for the deer,and Kelley wanted to know when the DNR was going to bring out the replacement deer.The media is making it look likre this jackass is losing everything to deer damaging his trees,but I have not heard anything about what he has tried to solve the problem except shooting deer out of season and letting them lay?Did he ever go to the DNR in the past for help?

From what I know Kelly did go to the DNR, but didn't even come close to exhausting all his options before he chose to shoot first.

Bunch of Jack-donkies is right. Not too many city slickers looking at deer for anything than "something pretty"

Man,by reading those comments I see why other states say that Iowa stands for Idiots Out Wondering Around.
crazy.gif

It seems the IDNR have become more of a get as much money as we can system, instead of the population control, if Mr. Kelly would like some hunters to help him he can get a hold of me, I would be glad to pay full TAG prices and save him the cost and myself to get a chance at a deer. I do believe he is in a no win situation trying to do it himself, if he gets enough hunters to his land the deer will get harvested or leave due to hunting pressure. Either way I wish him the best of luck.

[ QUOTE ]
want to read some ridiculous arguments on this,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's putting it nicely. There is so much ignorace in most of those comments it's almost impossible to argue the truth or facts. Totally amazing how everyone has the right answer...

Top Bottom