Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Day to Remember

1arrow

Well after alot of help from onecam I am able to share my pic and story with you all. I went out last week Nov 7 and did an all day hunt passed on some yearling doe and smaller bucks but had two big boys in my area just no shots. So Nov 8 I took my son out of school (he's 8) and got on the road headed to the hunting spot. He had been out with me 2 previous times but we never even saw a deer. We got the double bull all set up by 6:15 am and at 7:05 this guy comes out and sees our decoy. He heads in I tell my son he is a smaller buck and he is missing 1 side of his rack and we should pass him and wait for a bigger one.He said "Dad it's not about the horns, I just want to get a buck with you" wow what do you say to that. So I had him grunt and he came in to 11 yds and sent the arrow away. We were able to watch the whole thing from the blind. He went 30 yds and down he went. This is a day I will never forget. Well I will try and figure out how to do this photo thing, /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Yeah what did you say to that?? haha I think you made the right choice no matter how big that buck is that memory will last! Congrats!

One of the better stories posted this year. Sometimes it takes a child to show us what it's all about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Waukon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the better stories posted this year. Sometimes it takes a child to show us what it's all about. </div></div>

Well said.
COngrats on a memory that will last a lifetime (for both of ya)

The linked showed up great. Someday I will be there when I have kids. Can't wait for that moment....

I had a similar experience with my 5 year old this year. We had 13 does/fawns and 1 little buck and I let him pick which deer to shoot, he ended up picking a nice doe that was about 3 yards from the blind. These times are priceless with our little ones and I bet your 8 year old will talk about the time he was with dad and he shot a buck forever. Congrats and keep up the good work!!

That is awesome!!! Getting the lil ones involved is the best thing! Kids don't care about sponsors or 200 inch deer. They are always the ones who open our eyes to the true enjoyment of hunting again!!! Great story and CONGRATS to the lil one!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1arrow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He said "Dad it's not about the horns, I just want to get a buck with you" wow what do you say to that. </div></div>
Out of the mouths of babes...

Great job and it doesn't get any better sharing the hunt with your child. Congrats!

Congrats!

Ben_Me_Nov_8_07_our_1st_buck.JPG

Thanks everyone, and a big thanks to onecam and who ever moved the picture for me. Wanted to try and take him out for rifle season here, and use the hand cannon but will have to see.. Thanks again

Top Bottom