Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A decade on iowawhitetail...

]
Originally I had a different screen name, but my computer crashed and I lost my password so I just made a new username. Sometimes I go back and search my old posts that I made....wow, made me realize how much i've learned from this website over the years! Iowawhitetail has given me a wealth of knowledge.....thanks to everyone who posts and shares information, you make this site what it is. :way:

same thing here :drink1:

KSQ2...kicka$$ way to send us iowans into the season. Sure like the thoroughness of your top 16. I haven't met too many on here either, but find it easy to give them crap, argue, and share hunting info.

I found this place in 2001, while researching iowa whitetail deer for a term paper in college. I was 21...joined up about a year later lurked for a few years then took a chance and have never really looked back too much.

Still love it... although its been a few years since nannys made 3 am posts under random names......

I joined the site on April 3rd, 2001. Since then, I have made many memories on the site and off. You've listened to me ramble about my quests for certain deer, dream about a once-in-a-lifetime nontypical, totally geek out over sheds every chance I get, etc etc. I just like being here and having fun. I've met some great friends because of this site, and love the atmosphere here. Just some damn good hunters and people on this site. I hope you've enjoyed reading some of my posts as much as I've enjoyed reading yours. I'm always looking forward to seeing what the next post brings ....

I remember when you didn’t talk about gun hunting deer on this website; 1998 I believe? The evolution to include all legal methods of take has been a positive move in my opinion.

As I recall back then my member number was 98. I was using my birth name as a username then.

I have been fortunate to make a number of really good friends that I have met thru this website and I hope to meet many more. :)

It is after all the members that make iowawhitetail.com what it is today. :way:

Last edited:
Anyone know how to look up "screen names" in an alphabetical list on here? Seems like I use to be able to do it, but I can't find anything now. I had I think two different names on here from back in the day before my current one and I wanted to see when they were. Had to be around 2001 I'm thinking.

Thanks.. I looked up my two previous handles and they don't even exist anymore.. Do they get deleted if not in use for so long?

We are trying to "phase you out" but you won't go away. :D

Seriously though, they may have got deleted during server moves/upgrades.

i havn't been on here near as long as some of you guys, I was a lurker for a few years and finally joined a couple year ago, i don't post too often, but i love all the info on here and all the harvest pics. Just seems like an overall bunch of good guys that love to hunt deer.

I have enjoyed reading everyones posts for several years now. I am gonna make it a goal to crack the century mark in personal posts this year. With a son on the way in late October I will be living vicariously through most of you this fall.
I always wondered if Muddy had anything to do with Muddy outdoors, glad to know the answer now.

I had, and made famous, this nickname before they were a glint in the eyes of the hunting industry.

I think Muddy's screen name is like mine. High school nickname. I'm thinking of changing mine to some cool deer hunting theme.

Mobile Cooter

A lot has changed on this site since I joined. I too miss a lot of the people that used to frequent this site. Still my favorite site by far. Thanks to all that contribute...this place continues to be a wealth of information.

I am/was member 26... ;)

I remember when muddy was muddywaters

ghost was ghostwalker

shredder was shredder220

The list goes on.

For those of you wondering about Brother Ghost. He is doing great, he is just busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger in a closet. Has a job he travels everyday for, a girl in pre-med and a boy playing football and he really hasn't got time to post much anymore. Still checks in on occasion.

And, I won the hoot off... ;) I think OneCam is still questioning is decision he made when he rode to town with me the next morning... :D And muddy brought that growler swill from stone city brewery...

Top Bottom