Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A few ditch chickens

Booner

Haven't seen to many guys posting pictures of pheasants. Had a great time today with the guys, dogs worked awesome, plenty of birds and great shooting.

4 man limit

33xdaja.jpg

1zg7yg0.jpg

how is that possible!??? I thought all the pheasants left?
:D

:way: nice work!

Wow, I didn't realize there were pheasants in Iowa anymore? Lol, well, at least not where i'm from.

When do I get an invite to go with you guys! :)

Lol, Congrats....looks like a good time had by all, great looking dogs too!

Where did the GSP come from (what kennel?) ? I have one that looks just like it and its an Iowa dog.

Nice to see some guys getting their limit in Iowa. Nothing like a couple of hard working GSP's to find the birds. Ran shorthairs for many years. Always said if their balls were not red by the end of the day, they did not hunt hard enough. :)

There's only one dog that knows what's going on in that picture and it's the one in the middle... :D

Great day for sure fellas. Tougher time shooting those than a gross booner whitetail.

Im pretty sure we dont have that many Roosters in the county I live in.
Awesome job, and some good looking dogs. Man I miss Pheasant hunting but just cant bring my self to shoot one here.

There's only one dog that knows what's going on in that picture and it's the one in the middle... :D

Great day for sure fellas. Tougher time shooting those than a gross booner whitetail.

If you come up for a hunt I will guarantee you a limit of birds if you will put me on a gross booner in your part of the state . :D

Where did the GSP come from (what kennel?) ? I have one that looks just like it and its an Iowa dog.
Dad picked him up from a guy down around Des Moines no special kennel, but he's the best dog I've owned. Killed over 20 birds over him already this year.

Thanks guys, pheasant population is definitely down throughout the state, I'm just lucky enough to have access to a lot of ground. Seen over 30 roosters and probably another 20 hens on the day. Did a lot of walking so times aren't as easy as past. Hopefully we can get a good spring hatch and things should be able to turn for the better.

Nice bunch of birds. :)

It would take the intire season in my neck of the woods to even see that many pheasants. :(

Surely that photo was taken in South Dakota ... :D
Numbers are definitely down, but it's nice to see some good pheasant hunting can still be had. Excellent day afield, men! Congrats!

Top Bottom