Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A few Missouri whitetails

Shawn Rue

Well its been a pretty great season for my family in Northeast Missouri thus far! My two brothers and I have all managed to put at least one tag on a whitetail buck going into the late season.

My youngest brother R.j was able to kick it off in the youth rifle season shooting his first buck yet! Not a monster but a great deer for his first one!

picture.php

Then comes November 11. It was my last day to bow hunt before the rifle season came in so I decided to pack a lunch and sit all day. It wasn't until about 2:00 that a spotted movement and a nice 8 point was headed my way. He came into 22 yards and I sent a muzzy broadhead right threw his lungs. He went about 30 yards and piled up! He scored 122 and some change. Not bad for only my second deer with a bow! I was very happy with him.

picture.php

picture.php

Then my other younger brother Logan was able to score big in the rifle season. He decided to go out to the farm for a quick hunt after work one night and boy was he glad he did. He got in his stand at 4:00 and had a monster on the ground at 4:30. Talk about a lucky son of a gun right?

picture.php

He put down a beautiful 10 pointer. This buck was a mystery buck I've been running cameras since mid July and never got one picture of him. That's why you gotta love the rut. You just never know what your going to see. This big boy netted 161 2/8.

picture.php

Got some pretty cool plaques and decided to European mount my buck and my youngest brother's buck. They turned out pretty awesome! Logans buck is at he taxidermist.

picture.php

picture.php

We still have a few buck tags left going into the late season so hopefully we can still put down a few hitlisters. Good luck to all the rest of the season!

Top Bottom