Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Good Iowa Whiskey or Bourbon

I would say for Iowa whiskey...Templeton would be my first choice and then Cody Road from Mississippi River Distillery in LeClair. If you really want to get him something good look at a bottle of Blantons or High West Rendezvous Rye out of Utah.

The bootleg templeton is pretty good. It comes in all kinds of bottles with a duct tape seal. I've got a connection that gets a few bottles every year and it's always pretty good. I am still looking for that whiskey to call my favorite. The best stuff I've ever had was by a guy in eastern Iowa that home brewed it. Man that stuff had a punch to it, and it was smooth as silk.

I like knob creek, cedar ridge, crown royal (black), makers mark, and templeton. This thread has my interest.

Only thing worse than doing good bourbon as a shooter is mixing with anything besides an ice cube or two.

As far as Iowa bourbon or whiskey, to answer your question, would be to get a bottle of the real Templeton Rye. I hear there is still some made locally. I saw a picture of a bootleg bottle, it was in an old Jim Beam bottle with duct tape as the seal. I'm not sure it wasn't a hoax, the guy that showed me the pic is a true bourbon connoisseur.

Thats is real. My uncle and 1st cousin were each 1/3 owners in TR as they started bottling it. Uncle Merle is no longer with us. My mothers home town, Templeton. A few variations of the original. Not all equal

Top Bottom