Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A good word about Iowans!!!

Kansasdeerslayer

PMA Member
Whats up folks! I haven't been on here for a total of an hour since early April and it has been torturous. Hopefully I can get back in here regular real soon.

Anyway, here is something my County sheriff wrote about the fine folks of Iowa and I thought you all should read it...

Commentary
By Sheriff (Ret) Currie Myers, Johnson County, KS

Iowa Floods versus New Orleans Floods

Where are all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons asking for help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods?

Where is all the media asking the tough questions about why the federal government hasn’t solved the problem? Why no stories about emails from FEMA staff and their ineptness?

Why hasn’t the Federal Government relocated Iowans to free hotels in Chicago and Houston and provided them with $2,000 free debit cards?

How come Spike Lee and Reverend Wright have not come to the aid of Iowans and explained that the levees were blown up by the government? How come Barack Hussein Obama didn’t drop everything he was doing to be with the people of Iowa, because after all, “He cares.”

Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks? Where are the armed thieves going from town to town stealing? Why did state and local government in Iowa allow people to continue to have their handguns, rifles, and shotguns? Why no pictures of rioters and looters breaking into businesses? Why no stadiums full of people demanding US government response?

Why doesn’t the Governor Of Iowa go on television and say that he hopes to rebuild a “vanilla” Iowa? Why did the Governor of Iowa call out the National Guard on his own instead of waiting for the Federal Government to call out the troops?

Where are the people declaring President Bush hates white, rural people? Why did the police stay on the job and continue to serve their populace as prescribed by their oath of office, as opposed to run off in the middle of the night leaving their town unprotected? Where is the congressman with $100,000 of ill-gotten gain in his freezer and commandeering a National Guard helicopter to help retrieve his fraudulent booty?

How come in two weeks you will never hear about the Iowa floods again?

These Americans didn’t look for the government to solve all of their problems. They put on their boots, went to work and started to re-build.

that said alot, great statement...my heart goes out to all you that are battling the floods there....many prayers

I don't know how you could make Iowa much more vanilla than it already is /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I swear I saw that exact same forward just comparing some other disaster to another disaster elsewhere.

I had those exact same thoughts last week when I was in Palo helping my b-in-law empty his flooded basement. We're Iowans and we roll up our sleeves and take what Mother Nature gives us. We don't wait for the Government to bail us out. Cedar Rapids/Iowa City will gain attention because of their size & number of people affected but you don't hear the small towns whining; they're too busy tackling the mess. Go Iowa!
Maggs

Why would a non-resident....

Why would a non-resident from Mississippi, hoping to retire in a few years, buy land in Iowa?

It ain't all about hunting.

Re: Why would a non-resident....

This talk has come up many times over the past few weeks. Amazing how midwesterners work together and help each other out during a disaster. Everything about this part of the country just seems to work right, the local governments did there job in keeping the areas safe, setting up places to stay and getting the local law enforcement and national guard to help out, the people work together to evacuate and now restore (far cry from walking through 3 foot of water with someone elses big screen TV on your head), and almost every word out of every midwesterner affected by the floods about the National help has been nothing but positive. A far cry from what we saw during Katrina and it definitely makes me proud to be from this part of the country.

Kratz

To Quote the GREAT civil rights leader Rodney King "Cant we all just get along"

because the people have a basic good in them and they work hard.
thats what the country is about and the midwest is still full of good people.
in La flood people were robbing each other.
in iowa they were help each other.people are brought up with values and thank god they are otherwise we will all be in trouble.
ever notice how everyone waves? my wife still asks me who that is? I say never seen them before but If I ever meet them I will remember I hope.
be glad you live there as the rest of the country is going to hell in a handbasket.
just the thought of going to california gives me the creeps...bloods, crips, ms13????
last time I was in the woods I did not have to worry about anything but me and the deer.
it would put some people to sleep but its heaven to me.

GOOD STUFF. I WOULDNT WANT TO LIVE ANYWERE ELSE EXCEPT MAYBE CANADA FOR A WEEK OR TWO DURING THE RUT. (LOVE THOES DARK HORNS)

That should be printed on the front page of every news paper in the USA. It couldn't be said any better.

That's an awesome write up im gona print it out and hang it up at work.

A few weeks ago on a Friday, i got off work and figured id do a little fishing. I loaded up my stuff and headed over to Pontoosuc, Illinois. I got into town and all i seen was people throwing sandbags and emptying their houses. I sat there for a minute and thought, man, I can't sit down here and fish while there is people running around trying to save everything they have. I pulled over and started helping. We worked all night and the next morning cleaning out peoples houses and putting their stuff up on blocks. Two days later the water was up to the door handles of their houses. Just feels really good to be able to help. Fishing or Hunting isnt always the most important thing. Especially at a time like this.

I doubt you would see many people in other states going out of their way to help a stranger. Gotta love the Heartland.

Top Bottom