Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A letter to the Governor's office, (and reply)

Can someone post an email address for the govs office. Please and thank you. All I can find is the place to register your opinion on the Iowa government site.

If you want Farm Bureau to pay attention to us - I advise ALL of us that have insurance w/ them to drop them as an insurer. Nothing speaks louder than the almighty dollar. :grin:

As for the form letters & Branstad pushing us aside - remember it on election day.

I think it's funny they say he does not support an increase in the deer population. When we really just want to stabilize it. It should say the governor fully supports demolishing the deer herd.:(

I dont think they will ever reduce tags. Hunter Success rate will continue to drop, and tag soup would be the only thing that will motivate hunters to quit purchasing tags. Even then, at $13 each, tags are cheap, and not going to influence most hunters.

I wonder how much of this is due to the "redistribution" of deer. Let's face it, there are a lot of places where the deer numbers are down. But go to a food plot in an area where a lot of the land is tied up by hunters either in leasing or in managing for deer and see what you think of the deer population. I do not think the deer numbers are down all over, I think they are just distributed differently. They are becoming accessible only to a smaller number of people.

I wonder how much of this is due to the "redistribution" of deer. Let's face it, there are a lot of places where the deer numbers are down. But go to a food plot in an area where a lot of the land is tied up by hunters either in leasing or in managing for deer and see what you think of the deer population. I do not think the deer numbers are down all over, I think they are just distributed differently. They are becoming accessible only to a smaller number of people.

I generally agree with this comment. Especially since I'm a guy who mostly hunts public ground. Due to the pressure in the area...I rarely see deer on a pattern. They are pushed in and out of areas by hunters and other people walking through the woods.

Those that have the ability to plant food plots and limit the amount of hunters definitely see better #'s of deer. For the most part, a ton of deer have been taken off public land, so IA's public land quality probably isn't that great.

Again, its going the route of the haves and the have nots. The people who have enough money to lease or own large acerages will always see deer. For the people who hunt public ground or have to do it the old fashion way by knocking on doors you are going to see less deer and get less oppurtunities to hunt deer. It is quickly becoming a pastime of the elite.

I generally agree with this comment. Especially since I'm a guy who mostly hunts public ground. Due to the pressure in the area...I rarely see deer on a pattern. They are pushed in and out of areas by hunters and other people walking through the woods.

Those that have the ability to plant food plots and limit the amount of hunters definitely see better #'s of deer. For the most part, a ton of deer have been taken off public land, so IA's public land quality probably isn't that great.

I have seen more deer on public in the last couple of years than I have on private. The numbers are just down....

Here I thought I was important,:grin: when I has seen I received a reply letter back from the Governor, but to find out, its just another quick print reply. I guess I should be happy, they did type in my name.
Nice to see all of the comments about this. I would agree, with others, it looks like it's going to be up to us, to regulate the deer ourselves, in the low population area's.

Someone should send in a letter complaining about having to many deer. I would like to see what kind of response that would get.

Send in a letter that mentions the words "deer population" in the first sentence, then rambles on about the weather for the rest of the time...automated response would get the same reply :D:

NWBuck

insurance

Had Farm Bureau on our property went to State Farm saved a bunch of money plus got three times the coverage and a $300 plus discount on our car coverage TAKE THAT FARM BUREAU!!!!!:)
Wifes family farm also dropped them i'm sure they felt that one!

Top Bottom