Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A little late on this one

bricehibbing

Well guys i was going to post this a long time ago but never got around to it. So...back on november the 8th me and my buddy were going to go out. I dont know if any of you remember that day but there was a strong chance of rain in the afternoon changing to sleet then to snow at about 1pm it hadnt rained all day so we decided it wasnt going to and took off for the trees.

I no more than climb into my stand and get everything ready and what happens the heavens open up and im soaked. Great well im already wet just as well stick it out. So glad i did!

At about 445 the rain quits and i see some movement in the brush 60 yards north of me i see horns and grunt. The buck walks away from me. I thought he was gone O well didnt get a good look at him so i wasnt to disappointed. Then 5 min later i look north towards where i saw him and what do ya know here he comes walking straight at me 30 yards away. Crap i grab my bow and he is closing fast.

Next thing i know he is directly under my stand at 7 yards and im sitting down. I stand up go to full draw at the same time and he starts to trot away i beep him and he stops quarting away at 15 yards. I let it fly and put the 2 blade rage right in the boiler room.

He ran right by my buddy 60 yards south of me and kept going across the creek and up the hill. I walk over to my buddy and ask him if he watched he said yeah but your lumenok looked like it was back by his back legs my heart dropped i knew i made and awesome shot but now i wasnt so sure.

We take off after him because the rain was going to start again and I thought the shot was a great shot so we track him a total of about 100 yards and there he is.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry bout the pics it was raining when we found him i was soaked and cold didnt want to stand outside and take pics so we drug him back to the truck and got him to the house.

At the house me and my buddy started the task of caping him out the next couple days i called around to some taxi shops pricing things out and looking at time lines on a possible return. I ended up taking him to the guy that has done all of my work. Everlasting Memories in Cherokee IA. Got him back just the other day 2 1/2 months after i dropped him off i got him back. And i can complain a bit he looks great!

And now i got the 1st 3 pics to load and im having trouble loading the last 4 of him on the wall if anyone can give me a hand that would be great thanks

A beauty...congrats :way:

Got any pics of the finished mount? That taxi you mentioned isn't far from me and it's always nice to have other options.

NWBuck

Well first off, congrats on the deer! Somehow I missed your post. Secondly, good looking mount! Now you'll be able to look at it for many years to come....great memories! :way:

Top Bottom