Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A little off

Shovelbuck

I plan on doing my muzzleloader hunting this season with a flintlock, but figured I'd better have a percussion backup in case of heavy rain.
I hadn't shot "Old Timer" in at least 4 or 5 years so I took her for a bit of making smoke today. I used to shoot a lot of competitive shooting but haven't done that in 25 years or so and to be quite honest, I can't hold as steady as I used to. And it goes without saying that my eye's aren't
what they were back then either.
So, with all that said, I guess I've made my excuses for not shooting better than I did today.;)
Before you see the photo though, please realize this gun's barrel is at least two and a half centuries old, and did I say this was shot at 100 yards with open sights and patched round balls?
I also didn't mention that I shot these three shots with real black powder, no cleaning between shots and off hand !!!

DCP_0106.jpg

I guess an off hand, three inch group at a hundred yards will have to do.:rolleyes:
All sarcasm aside, I'm quite pleased with it.

Last edited:
Uh.......I would be happy with that group with my rifle offhand at 100 yards!!!:grin:

Good shooting!!

Stroke that old firearm with love Jay, for she is certainly an accurate firearm. :)

Last edited:
Any more I would be had pressed to do that well at 100 feet off hand with open sights, they sure get blurry some times. Good shootin, makes you wonder what you could do with sticks, don't it? :rolleyes:

I can't hold as steady as I used to. And it goes without saying that my eye's aren't what they were back then either. So, with all that said, I guess I've made my excuses for not shooting better than I did today.;)

Get some of those Tru-Glow sights Jay.................:D :D :D

Nice shooting! :way:

Holy cow! That's unblievable Jay but I can do that too............with a rest, scope and modern inline. WOW!

In another post regarding what muzzleloader to buy, our member Scott asked about the accuracy of a round ball gun. So I dug up this old post. I really need to shoot this old girl more often. I never measured the group but it looks like about 3 inches at 100, off hand.:way: These guns will shoot.

Top Bottom