Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A look at my decoys!

DOR

Life Member
308pretty_boy-med.JPG
308turkey_hunt_prep_2006-med.JPG

How they work'in for ya?(Sound's a little like Dr.Phil)
grin.gif
I was thinking about getting me one of those PRETTY BOY DEKE"S.I'v heard alot of good about them.

Happy B-Day Muddy!!! Hey that land you are hunting looks a lot like the property next to the property i hunt. What county are you hunting in?

Man Muddy, you have some long-legged hens there!
grin.gif
Set up looks good! I took a breeding jake decoy and cut off his tail and painted him up like the pretty boy. Cut a slot for a real fan and have called in two longbeards to him and two hen decoys. Got em' both on video....just awesome! I call my deek "Ugly Boy" but he works great. I am sold on the real tails also. Wish I'd have tried it last year.
confused.gif

"Man Muddy, you have some long-legged hens there!" Hee Hee.
That poor old tom will need a step ladder to get on top.
grin.gif

Nice looking spread though.

Yeah, I have a fan of a bird I shot in TX that is going on it. It definately looks much better with the real fan. Mudster, you might want to take the extension out of your buckwings
grin.gif
grin.gif
or are you imitating birds flying
blush.gif

I've always been a fan of long legged ladies, they're staying.
grin.gif
In that pasture I could've gotten away with the short stake, but in some CRP areas that extra height will come in very handy.

Jeez Muddy, I've called in and KILLED birds in less time than it must take you to set up that flock of dekes you got out there!!
shocked.gif

Good lookin' setup though... I can't imagine any Boss Gobbler in the area allowing allowing a mere jake to even LOOK at such a buffet of babes, let alone get near the one that's willing and "not on stilts"!!
grin.gif

Did Muddy have to fence them in for you Randy? I didn't know that they had high fence hunts in IA
grin.gif
grin.gif

The tom was actually fenced out (out of the decoys anyway). We had a third hunter with us, Murphy, and he brought that dang law.
frown.gif

We watched a hen and tom pace back and forth along a fence for most of last Sunday morning. It doesn't take too high a fence to hold a turkey! How can they be so smart at some times, yet can't figure out that with a hop and a few wing beats they would be over the fence?
confused.gif

Brains the size of a tot don't help matters much. Next time we'll take some wire cutters and make a place for them to cross.
evil.gif

Top Bottom