Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A or B and why?

If we have to choose one of those two points, from where that picture was taken (ground level) I go with B. If I'm in a tree, I'd go for A. Ideal would be smack dab between the two points.

This would be my choice as well. In a blind at ground level- B. Any elevated stand - A.

This might help. Pay attention to how low the spine dips above the shoulders. And that view(of the OP's pic) dosen't appear to be from a treestand....

A is actually closer to the liver than most think. I would take B and move it TOWARDS the shoulder maybe an inch. Shooting right up the leg will kill them faster than you can believe as the lungs sit forward rather than "behind" the shoulder as far as many think. I think more deer are jumped 30 minutes after tracking with arrow placement in A because of hitiing the back of the lungs and clipping the liver.

Definitely B

Definitely B. At 26 yards aim small miss small. There is enough energy to blow through shoulder at 26 yard if you miss slightly to the right. A is too high and if the deer ducks it will definitely ruin your day. The lower the shot the more consistent blood trail. On the seam behind the shoulder 1/3 of the way up from bottom is all heart!!!

I would probably go with A. The deer is not looking so I don't think he is alert to what is about to happen. I have never had pin point accuracy so A would give me more margin for error than B. I would think either shot boardside that is a dead deer within 100 yards. If I had more confidence in my shot I would take B.

Top Bottom