Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A possible Big Cat sighting?...chilling.

R

Rembrandt

Went bow hunting this morning in southern Adair County....while walking thru the timber I heard two "loud" deep throated growls as I neared some brush. Sounded just like a cougar. This was no dog, raccoon, or coyote. I've hunted for more than 35 years and 8 different states.....have never experienced anything like this before....it sent chills up my spine. This is hard to explain, but the growls sounded defensive...just like an animal protecting it's food. Heard something run through the brush and drew my bow, but it was gone....found some remains of a pheasant and lots of feathers. Didn't get a look at what ever it was.....but that growl was unmistakably chilling. Told my hunting partner what had happened, he said the same thing happened to him yesterday....no confirmation it was a big cat, but I'm starting to wonder ????

Rembrandt,
How are you?????
You werent by chance sitting in the east timber were you? Last time I was down there we heard the same noise your talking about. TIME TO GET OUT THE HI POWER. By the way, did you guys see any shooters this weekend??

BT

Big Timber.....yes, it was in the east timber, close to the river....felt kinda naked with just a bow, may start packing something extra just in case. Should be legal to carry and bowhunt since I've got a CCW. I don't feel too safe with just a bow if it is a big cat. The sound was freaky....still sends shivers up my spine just thinking about it.

P.S.
We saw at least 6 that were 130 or better....best crop of bucks we've seen in years.

Rembrandt, I do a lot of my hunting in adair co., and I own 80 arces of great deer hunting property in the southwest corner of Adair Co. near the Adams Co. line. A farmer freind of mine up near there swears he has been seeing a large cat with a long tail over the past few months, is your cat any where near this location?

Blake.....don't want to give the exact location, but I'd say you're pretty much in the same area.

Rem,
The sound we heard was a cat for sure. Looks like it's been confirmed. You need a trail cam down there to get a visual on it. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. When are you going to add a b&c to your collection?? ......I'm in the process.

P.S. You need to
rambo.gif
the cat!

BT

It will be interesting to see if the coon hunters tree any cats this year. Could make for quite a surprise!

IaCraig

Rembrandt,
Just as a heads up, I think DNR rules and regulations supercedes state concealed weapons laws. Last I knew it was illegal to carry a sidearm up the tree with you during bow season. Might want to check it out.
CRITRGITR

critrgtr, I wasn't aware one could cancel out the other....good point though, I'll check it out first. Thanks.

What really concerns me is going into a stand area and stumbling into one of these big cats. I have a young nephew who will be hunting with me, I'm a little concerned about his safety if this cat does exist.

critrgtr, I wasn't aware one could cancel out the other....good point though, I'll check it out first. Thanks.

What really concerns me is going into a stand area and stumbling into one of these big cats. I have a young nephew who will be hunting with me, I'm a little concerned about his safety if this cat does exist.

Top Bottom