Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Sign of Things to Come?????

HUSKERBUCK

PMA Member
Well, Nebraska's archery season open on Monday and I made it out this morning. It was a gorgous morning with a little bit of fog hanging low. It sure felt good to get out again. I was running a little late and got sat down at 6:41. I had not been sat down for more than 3-4 minutes when a deer came into view between the corn and a hedge row. He eventually got with in about 15 yards. It was just too dang dark to get a really good look at him. He was a realy nice 5x4 just outside his ears and good tine length. I could have shot but I really wanted a better look so I just sat there and watched. He milled around for a few minutes and walked off. I checked my watch and it was 6:51. Not bad, ten minutes into the year and I had already seen a possible shooter. What a way to start. I also had about 6 does and fawns walk right under me. Here's hoping it only gets better.

I hit the trees this morning also, it's youth season here. It was my daugthers first time as the "shooter". We were in the stand a bit late also, about 6:20. We sat until 9:00 with the kid napping off and on. She was a little disappointed, we heard deer and heard other people shooting but didn't see them ourselves with all the leaves still on the trees. As we were walking out of the timber we jumped a buck on his bed. He was up and gone so quick that I couldn't even guess his size, all we saw was tail and a flash of rack. I looked at my daughter and saw her eyes were as big as dinner plates and I thought to myself- YES!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif The buck ran just out of sight and stopped, we listened as he snort/wheezed a couple of times and stomped. The whole time I'm watching my daughters reactions (fear,suprise,excitment,disapointment,happiness,enjoyment) flash over her face. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif As we neared the truck she asked when we could go out again. How does tomorrow said I said with a grin. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Mission accomplished, I do believe she is well on the way of being hooked for life /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom