Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

? About Euro Mount

rookie10pt

So i finished my first euro mount a few days ago(didn't bleach it, thought it was wight enough) And i don't like the way the teeth look. Any ideas on how to make them look better??

What is wrong with the teeth? I did one this year too. Used the chemicals,,,Peroxide and whitening powder, from Tax-catalog. Liked the color. I kept the teeth natural color. If you want them lighter try peroxide and the powder. Peroxide may be enough by itself. Directions I got said to keep it off the teeth if you wanted them a natural color, so guess it would have whitened them too. I had a bear skull professionally done. Guess taxidemist did nothing to whiten it, cause as time went by it got more and more yellow. I mean real yellow. New to this so don't know if this would happen to deer skulls or not untreated? Bone is Bone?

What is wrong with the teeth?

I just don't like the look of them...is this how they look normally??
picture.php

Yes, the teeth will almost always retain some color no matter how much you bleach them. I like to take a saws-all with a long blade and cut under the eye socket to just under the nose piece. For me its easier to clean out the nasal cavity and it makes the skull sit a little flatter to the wall or plaque. :way:

Go to a beauty supply shop and get hydrogen peroxide 40% paste and soak them in that or paint it on. It work great.

Those are pretty dark, i let a buck i found sit in bleach water for a couple days and everything is white, the teeth on them are just as white also.

The reason your bear skull turned yellow is because they didn't degrease it properly. Bears are greasy animals. Yellowing can also showup in deer euro mounts if not done properly.

You are right. Before I bleached my deer skull I read you are supposed to soak it in Laquer Thinner, to get the fat out of the bone. I did it. Hope mine stays white.

Top Bottom