Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

absolute latest plant

codywright

TENRINGER
When is the absolute latest a guy can plant turnips and have a good stand and crop? Any help would be much appreciated.

I think it is pushing it now and I am here in SE Iowa. I planted on July 27th and still have a ways to go before they mature. They may eat the leaves on brassicas if you plant now but I am not sure if the turnips would grow fully. But, DBLTREE is the one to ask but that is what I have noticed when planting them. If you plant to early, like we did 2 years ago, they get TOO mature by fall. I think Late July to Mid August is the time so you might try it? What about rye??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntyak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it is pushing it now and I am here in SE Iowa. I planted on July 27th and still have a ways to go before they mature. They may eat the leaves on brassicas if you plant now but I am not sure if the turnips would grow fully. But, DBLTREE is the one to ask but that is what I have noticed when planting them. If you plant to early, like we did 2 years ago, they get TOO mature by fall. I think Late July to Mid August is the time so you might try it? What about rye?? </div></div>

I think you are absolutely correct. Give or take a week depending how much farther North you are. Cereal grains are on the agenda now.

Need rain in the worst way though.

Top Bottom