Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Accurately Scoring deer on the hoof

westexbuck

For years, my hunting buddys and I have laughed at each other about the giant bucks we killed that hit the hard gorund and fell victim to ground adjustment or ground shrinkage. We had a problem as do many hunters of accurately scoring a deer on the hoof. We came up with different formulas and strategies to get an accurate rough score, but they all had flaws. Years of this made us very frustrated. Then I had an idea that has worked amazingly! I let my friends that do and don't hunt test it out to see if anyone can use it and to my suprise they nailed it. I spoke with Boone and Crockett and got there approval and licensing, now its being turned into an app for iphone and android markets. This system quickly allows any hunter to get a gross Boone and Crockett score on the hoof. It should be on the market by mid-late June.The name of this app is Antler Metrix. Just got the first build on it and it is easy to use, not distracting and allows the user to score a deer accurately in 15- 30 seconds. This is designed for hunter's in mind. This is a tool, not a game, scam or money making scheme. There aren't extra gadgets that don't apply to everyday hunting. You see a buck, pull it out and get a gross score in seconds. You don't have to take a picture of the deer. It uses facial characteristics, antler characteristics and tine length. I'm really pumped about this app! I want to share a tool that will help hunters/managers. I think it will give the average hunter who doesn't guide for a major 5000 acre ranch an opportunity to gauge deer of all sizes without killing the deer first. On the otherhand, it will help guys who hunt/guide those 5000 acre raches a solid reinforcement when judging deer on the hoof. I think this tool can better aide all hunters who are managing their herd to get to whatever trophy size they are after along with distinguishing mature culls.

Top Bottom