Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

acorns fallin'

teacher

I noticed that some acorns are falling from White Oaks. They look real small and I'm wondering if the trees are stressed because of lack of rain. I wonder how that'll affect some areas with good oak stands. Anyone else seeing this?

I have one Oak tree at the end of my driveway thats dropping now. Thats the only one ive seen.

I have been watching them fall for a few weeks at several locations. I have a free 1 day rental of an acorn collector to use.
I negotiated it as part of a mower purchase. Anyone in the Des Moines area know where a guy can get a bunch of acorns in a hurry?

I posted on here this spring about the late frost(freeze) and was worried about whether there would be much of an acorn crop. Shouldn't have worried because I'm seeing lots of them dropping in the area. Not too concerned with the size of them, just glad to see them.

I've got a burr oak next to my house thats been dropping nuts like crazy.The deer have been hammering them nonstop for the last week,showing up several times a day.

Top Bottom