Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

action today

Tonight, in SW Iowa, the bucks were on the move. Saw my first real chasing and my FIRST big buck of the year. Get in the woods guys, they are starting to get up and move.

All does so far this am for me. Sat up 100 yds down wind of the bedding area. Hope to see some cruising soon.

Had a nice ten really chasing a doe in the bean field she tried getting away but he wasn't letting here. Then rattled a nice 9 across the bean field then he crossed winded me. Best morning I ever had and first time I rattled a buck in, I never thought it would work but it does.

I tried to rattle one in last night he wanted no part of it. The does were off by themselves. Don't seem to be getting real active yet

Spike just ran a doe by. It's like someone flips a switch and they start moving here at 10. Up to 7 bucks.

Mobile Cooter using IW

#9 FHB is the one on the left. Tried to get a pic to prove it, but he had somewhere to be. :)

Mobile Cooter using IW

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121103_103505.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121103_103505.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 146
Slow for me this morning. Sat till 10, seen 2 deer. 1 I couldnt tell what it was, the other was a basket rack 6pt that worked a couple scrapes around me. My dad grunted in a decent buck at 8 a.m. Seen 2 other deer both small bucks

In the timber off my turnip /sugar beet plot. Been here since 6am. Have seen nothing. Heard stuff moving, but no visual. Might have something to do with ITC changing poles out on the transmission line on the south side of the property. I'm waiting for the big 8 pt. that has been on my camera here at midday.

Saw 3 younger bucks chasing does all over the place. 2 shooter 8's. ! of the 8's walked right through the does and younger bucks like the parting sea. Sat back about a 100yrds watching and eating beans. Went to bed at 8:15. most action of year though!

Had a 100" 8 3 year old 8 dogging 2 does like nobody's business this morning. A basket rack 6 joined the mix and about got his butt kicked. Was a great morning to be out. The next 2 weeks will be fun!

This was in Pott Co.

Sat from 7 till noon seen two yearlings and two shooters. Reading the forum cost me a big ten. Did not hear him walked right in shooting lane and stood broadside could not grab bow with him looking my way. When bow was in hands I had no shot. Did not spook so moved stand for better coverage and heading back out.

Had 3 to 4 bucks walk in together and bed down on the hill in front of my stand at 10:30. One was small, the other two seemed better. Strange they walked in together. May have even bedded down with some does.

Last edited:
Rattled in 3 small bucks first thing this morning. Only thing chasing does was an old mangy coyote. was gonna shoot the yoke, but he didn't come close enough. Changed stands for thus evening.

Top Bottom