Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

action today

I've been out since 6:30 this morning. Had on small buck come through and work a scrape at first light and I haven't seen a thing since. Moved to opposite side of the farm for the evening. It would help if the wind would stay out of one direction for longer than 10 minutes. I've never saw a forecast showing so many different wind directions.

Cooter said:
Spike just ran a doe by. It's like someone flips a switch and they start moving here at 10. Up to 7 bucks.

Mobile Cooter using IW

That's funny cause someone flipped my switch off at 10 and haven't seen anything since. The squirrel rut is on in full force tho! It will pick back up here in another hour. At least that's what my cameras tell me. Good luck to everyone out and be safe. Its easy to make a mistake on an all day set when you're tired.

I've been out since 6:30 this morning. Had on small buck come through and work a scrape at first light and I haven't seen a thing since. Moved to opposite side of the farm for the evening. It would help if the wind would stay out of one direction for longer than 10 minutes. I've never saw a forecast showing so many different wind directions.

This exact topic has been giving me fits for days now.

How the afternoon going I have a wedding reception :mad:

Who gets married in November?

Mobile Cooter using IW

Got into a field and parked at about 3:45. Just as I pulled in, there was a buck running a creek line in the field next to me. I got into my stand and he worked his way out in a field. I rattled and he started my way but disappeared. Still not sure where he went....

Who gets married in November?

I've been using this line quite a bit, but not necessarily with 'gets married' (although I do have a wedding in a couple weeks).
My wife seems to be tiring of me saying "Who (insert anything that doesn't allow me to sit in a tree) in November?"

Chicks are weird! :grin:

Very slow afternoon in Polk county. Seen a 2 year old at 2pm and a yearling doe the last 10 minutes of shooting light. I'm only hunting the morning tomorrow. No real sign of even pre-rut activity in dem der woods...

Didn't see a dang thing this evening. I was even in my hot spot. The mornings are on fire tho, deer seem to be everywhere. Ill be watching Sunday night football 2morrow.

Well it was a pretty good day and may be awsome. I have been hunting a food plot on east winds and had been seeing 10-12 per sit. It is secluded and deer feel comfortable. Saw deer every second from sun up to 10:45. 25 in all. 7 bucks. First 6 bucks were 1.5 yrs but #7 was a monster 170 class. Hit him in the liver and jumped him tracking him 5 hrs later. He could hardly get up, but I backed out till morning. Hopefully I have a harvet post tomorrow.

My younger son and I hunted today and for the most part things were pretty slow. Several neighbors reported similar results. It can't be long now though and things will be popping.

SCOFFIN said:
Very slow afternoon in Polk county. Seen a 2 year old at 2pm and a yearling doe the last 10 minutes of shooting light. I'm only hunting the morning tomorrow. No real sign of even pre-rut activity in dem der woods...

I concur I've seen no signs of rut

Hunted last night from2:30 in afternoon till dark saw one Buck basket 8 pointer other then that no real activity besides the squirrel that is hurrying nuts like a madman hopefully he knows something the weather man don't and things pick up :)

5 bucks as of 0900. 4 8s and one spike. Had the biggest 8 @ 5yards. Couldn't get drawn cause of safety harness. :mad:. Should be holding antlers with a big silly grin right now :(

Some of the bucks are search here.

Mobile Cooter using IW

Last edited:
Seems like everything is about the same as last weekend. Some chasing, but does are still grouped up. Bucks have not been responsive to any calling for me.

5 Does this morning, one still with a fawn & zero bucks. Once again, it looks like my area is behind everyone else.
But at least I have something to look forward to! :way:

Not even worth waking up today. Rattled in a forty and that is it. Im down and at perkins now. 3 does all weekend is all I've seen. Freaking war on does is killing me...

SCOFFIN said:
Not even worth waking up today. Rattled in a forty and that is it. Im down and at perkins now. 3 does all weekend is all I've seen. Freaking war on does is killing me...

X2... Zero signs of the rut...what is going on???

Top Bottom