Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

action today

Rattled in 6 bucks this morn. Havent seen a doe.Bucks all 120"-150".Last 130"8 pt just walked off.No 4 yr olds.

3 active scrapes in my area but not one single rubbed tree. Those scrapes have been there for 6 weeks now. I have a camera over the biggest scrape and on a 2 week "soak" only 6 pictures and nothing bigger than the forky I seen today.

Slow morning for me. 4 does one buck behind me grunting but never saw him. Last night had a 130" 8 and a 140" ten bump some does but no real chasing going on in North Iowa. Heading south for 12 days this Thursday hopefully it picks up.

3 small bucks and 2 does this morning. Does were yearlings off on their own. Maybe orphaned maybe kicked from the nest. Either way, its gotta be happening soon, but still not real encouraged around here yet.

7 bucks and a doe here. Biggest was a 130 class 3 yr old. Bucks are searching. I'm sitting all day. Vacation until the 13th

A lot of rut action and hard chasing going on at one of the farms I hunt in Scott co.. already rattled 3 bucks in on today, came running in like they were on a string.. two 8pts and a big one 11-12pt 160+.. the big boy stood behind a brush pile @ 40yds for like 20 min, then slowly walked straight away.. I thought for sure it was gonna happen, but never gave me a shot!! hunted southwest Jackson co lat nite, NOTHING moving there yet..

Last night new farm hung two stands in same tree to have girlfriend sit with watch about 10 does and a few dink buck at 100yards on other hill side of pasture. Ended up hitting the horns and grunting and had a 150 class 10pt come running for a fight but i parked truck in wrong location he made the truck discovery while circling down wind. Mistake on my part not alot of activity this am in northern monroe co

saw three bucks cruisin this morning, one about 8am,9:15,and around 10. Its finally lookin promising here, northeast ia

I'm in northern il and haven't had any action in three days not sure what us going on. Couple fresh rubs and scrapes but no deer. Who knows...

Have some small bucks searching. Tama county. As I got in my truck to drive away, I see a nice 130 class 8 pt cruising a corn field. He was after something cause I circled around to get a better look and he topped a hill about 200 yards in front of my truck. After watching me for about. Minutes he continued on his same path, which brought him closer. An un-horny buck wouldn't do that. I'm thinking a few more days and it will be great.

Nothing like getting to your stand only to find some jack wagon has bee riding atvs twenty yards from your stand awesome

I saw 2 does while I was driving to my spot this am and then nothing after that. I did hear someone rattling about 300 yds from where I was sitting. I wonder if it was the same guy who walked to within 20yds of me before he saw me? :(
public land is tough!

Saw three doe with nice 10 point behind them, crossed in front of my stand twice but wouldn't come in the open. Also had a little three point come by at last light. Pretty good night. Back at it in the morning. Good luck everyone!

I sat from dark to dark today and yesterday. Didn't see my first deer today until nearly 4pm, talk about frustrating. I saw a total of 7 bucks and probably 10 does between the two days. Tried rattling today and I rattled in a 140's to about 50 yards before he caught my wind and took off. Other than rattling that buck I did not see any rut activity. No chasing, does by themselves, does with fawns still etc. Southern IA.

Sat all day yesterday and the only movement was in the AM. Saw 3 bucks and 2 does. The doe was with her fawn and was being chased by a small basket rack. 150 buck was cruising at first light, Not responding to calls. Keokuk county.

7 bucks 2 does. Big one had a doe pinned down 150 in front of me all morning. He ran every other buck off that came close. He only came as close as 60 yards to me, always behind the brush. Encounters two days in a row with him. I'm hoping for third times a charm. :way:

-}}}---------->

Top Bottom