Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Adding Cover to a Tree Stand

jlarson007

I was limited on options hanging a stand obove one of my plots. Call it poor planning I guess. Anyway the tree in question is an oak that has three main trunks. I tucked the stand into the crotch of the tree with the other two trunks being out in front of me a little bit. I would like to add a little bit of cover to this tree. I was thinking of just getting some camo netting and hanging it in front of me from the two trunks that sit out in front.

Anyone done this before, if so how did it work? Also any other ideas would be appreciated.

I could put the stand higher into the tree to get into some more branches and leaves but that will put me at 25 plus ft. Not sure I want to sit that high up...

Thanks

I've had my best luck out of trees like that. No extra cover needed. IMO
You just look like a 4th trunk. Netting will bulk you up.

I like mult tree trunks as well
U want more cover.... Cut cedar branches that has lots of green on end. Cut em 3' long & so the base I branch is say 1" diameter or so. Stuff em all over at end of platform and behind the seat around strap & chain area (pockets between seat/strap & tree). Spread em out so its not a blob up there. Cover stays over a year. If u want more... Go get 2-3" diameter PVC pipe. Cut to 10" (easy w/hacksaw)- screw to tree & bigger branches above u with torx screws (drill holes in advance). All this is easy. Use 2 screws and leave 5" or so open with no screw- stuff cedar branches in the pipe. It works awesome!!!! Cheap, easy & quick and the cover will b amazing. C what I mean or what I'm explaining?

I sometimes grab red oak branches with BIG leaves... get them when the leaves are still green. Zip tie them to the platform underneath so they hang out a ways... amazing what breaking up a platform outline can do to keep you concealed!

DWilk said:
I sometimes grab red oak branches with BIG leaves... get them when the leaves are still green. Zip tie them to the platform underneath so they hang out a ways... amazing what breaking up a platform outline can do to keep you concealed!

We do the same thing and also tie some in behind the stand for some background cover.

Top Bottom