Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Advice on D batteries for Cuddeback….

Rous14

PMA Member
Trying the CuddeLink system for first time this fall. Have a farm where there’s only one spot I can get cell service so thought the daisy chain system might be a good solution. Going to be hanging the cams in a couple weeks. All the cams I’ve used over last 10 years take AA batts and like most guys I’ve ran the energizer lithiums w good success. Didn’t realize until today as I started shopping for the D batts these Cuddebacks take that it doesn’t appear energizer makes a similar lithium in the D? Anyone have experience with this size battery and recommend what I should use? Note…I did buy the solar panels for these as well as I read several reviews complaining that the Cuddeback s don’t last very long without them.

On another forum there is a Cuddelink thread and a guy from Cuddeback posts regularly. Rayovac High Energy is their recommendation. I just bought 4 Cuddelink with solar panels for the first time and so far it is plug and play easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I got the solar panels, made life much easier. Going on 325 days without touching a cam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As others have said, use the Rayovac High Energy (blue) batteries. They give the most consistent outputs. I'd recommend getting the external battery packs or solar. With the 4D cameras I get about 45 days (give or take on amount of pics taken) and with the 6D cameras I can get about 60-70 days. Add the external battery packs and you'll double that. The only major downside to cuddeback I've found is the D batteries but I've learned to get over it.

I found a place 3 years ago to buy "D" Batteries in Bulk (He only sells "D" Battery's) Current price is Qty 105 "D" for $100 Take another 5 if you use Pay Pal Or Apple pay

I have bought from him for the last 3 years. Never had any issue.

Contact Info. [email protected]
Or Tel (630) 6756-0016

Yeah Rayovac for me as well I was buying in bulk from a place on the east coast but after shipping it was cheaper to get them at fleet farm. When I went there last time the price per battery was cheaper on the 10 pack opposed to the 15 or something like that. Thought that was odd.

Ordered some rayovacs like above said!!

Solar compatibility…. I think I have this right!!????….
4 D battery pack- CANNOT USE RECHARGEABLE with solar. I think u must use the solar panel with inner batteries.
6 D battery pack- CAN USE RECHARGEABLE. I think u can use solar without internal and with internal both. I think this is right.

I’ve got a huge mix of AA, 4-pack D, 6 pack D & both styles of solar panels. Cams up soon so hopefully got it right.

BTW- their new solar panels sound AMAZING!!!!!

Rayovac for mine also. Run the boost pack also and usually don’t have a problem getting long life out of them.

Couple guys on eBay that sell the Rayovac pretty cheap if you buy 100 at a time

Top Bottom