Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Advice

WhereAmI

Alright guys, I have been looking into getting a new trail camera in the price range of about $100-150. I have been looking at the Moultrie D55ir XT and the Moultrie M80 XT.

Just wondered what people thought of these cameras if they have experience with them or any advice when trying to decide on a new one.

I have three moultrie m80's, really good cam and pretty good battery life with lithium batteries. I dont own a D55ir so I cant comment on them but I think you would be happy with the m80.

Bushnell trophy cam is the only one I run now amazing pics and video and it will run a whole season on 4 AAs and then some. Well worth the extra money I think!

Thanks for the comments. I am trying to do some homework before making my choice.

Girlfriend got me on and it did not last long so I want to make a wise decision on this one being as I will be paying for it.

Bushnell trophy cam is the only one I run now amazing pics and video and it will run a whole season on 4 AAs and then some. Well worth the extra money I think!

x2 on this! I have a lot of these cams. In fact I am still using the batteries from 2011 on them. I get all of mine on ebay for about $100-125
Plus they have a viewing screen on them which is nice when you go to your stand you can view your pictures while you sit.

x2 on this! I have a lot of these cams. In fact I am still using the batteries from 2011 on them. I get all of mine on ebay for about $100-125
Plus they have a viewing screen on them which is nice when you go to your stand you can view your pictures while you sit.

Well with comments like these, I will for sure be checking into them!

I got a M80-XT for Christmas...everything I've read it seems like it's going to be awesome!

Read reviews, look at pictures, consider prices...and make your choice!

P.S. Invest in some "security". The M80 has a "security box", which will allow a pad lock, 2 big screws and a cable lock to hopeful deter any thieves!
^^^Something I really liked about it.

I have the D55IR, it takes nice pics, battery life is less than great. For me the only choice for new cameras are the Covert line. Great battery life, excellent customer service. In the price range you are looking at check out the Red40 and MP6..lots of reviews available on those 2 cams...they are both great. I believe the new models of the Red 40 coming out also have audio.

I run both the Bushnell Trophy Cams and Covert MP6 cameras. I have run many different brands before these but will not run anything else (unless I can afford Reconyx). They are both excellent cameras. Customer service from Covert is great.

With all these replies Bushnell will be getting a serious consideration.

Glad I could get some input guys!!

Thanks, again!:way:

I'm running Reconyx and bushnell currently. While I consider the Reconyx by far and away better the bushnell is second best. Nighttime flash range is unreal and the video feature is very good.

I personally like the Covert's & Bushnells almost as much as Reconyx! Maybe some night shots are a little blurrier & maybe they have a slightly higher failure rate (send in when rare problems happen, even happens with reconyx though) & you can run 3-4 times as many cameras as the price of 1 reconyx. I personally don't notice that much difference either- surely not $350-400 more in difference!!

Has bushnell corrected their runaway problem they had back in i believe 2010 or 2011? Always wanted one but the year I was going to pick one up they were having major issues. The M80 and primos cams have been good to me.

Yes I believe they have corrected that.

I would agree that it's doubtful IMO that the Reconyx is worth an additional 300-400 bucks.
If money wasn't an issue if probably have the buckeye system.

Top Bottom