Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

After 14 yrs of bowhunting I did it!

scout

I've had a half dozen or so yotes pass within bow range while hunting. This is only the second I got a shot at and the first I actually wacked. It went zero feet after a 5 yard shot.
181ST_bow_coyote-med.jpg

18coyote_bow_1ST-med.jpg

Perhaps some of you remember my "CRAZY COYOTE" post about hitting one by throwing a pruning sheers at it.... I think this is the same dog. What a dummy!

Congrats Scout! That's pretty cool you got that shot off. Coyotes are pretty smart animals. I still have yet to shoot one with my bow. Hopefully i'll get a chance someday.

I was at full draw on one tonight and he caught my wind in just the right time.....for him anyways. He would have been #5 on the list if he/she had cooperated. Congrats on the dog....they are as hard to kill with a bow as a big buck

A coyote with a bow is a trophy in my opinion. Congrats!
waytogo.gif

Do you plan to make a rug, or boil out the skull?
smile.gif

Just like Shredder, I was at full draw on one last night, but couldn't get him to stop. When I whistled, he hightailed it into some thick stuff. Nice shooting.

That is definitely exciting ... I shot my first and only coyote by bow back in 1999 ... haven't done it since or even had another opportunity ... Congratulations on a rare trophy!
-Longspurs-

Thin those yotes out. There are plenty of them out there. Can't wait til snow and put them in the crosshairs.

Took a nice male coyote from my stand last night, standing broadside at 15 yards, just drilled him! The landlord was super appreciative and already extended my hunting permission for as long as I wanted!

My dad shoots those things due to his obsessive-compulsive nature all winter long with a rifle. Claims that he hates them as the reason why...I think he just gets bored. I have shot at several by bow with no luck so can appreciate your accomplishment. Great Job.
waytogo.gif

If you don't make a rug, and you "boil the skull". I'll bring the egg noodles and some bottles of High Life
shocked.gif

Nice shootin there Scout, I have killed two since I been bowhunting. I had a chance to shoot one last weekend but passed it up due to waiting for a big buck to show.
grin.gif

Top Bottom