Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

age and score

I pulled all my trail cams last night and found this guy so far this year he is the only true shooter we have on camera. One more question I have not found many scrapes. Is everyone running into this problem?

picture.php

picture.php

Based on rack I'd say 4 or 5, but his body is saying otherwise. Sleek body, short snout. I'd guess you have a dang nice 3 year old or a gigantic 2. I'm leaning more towards the 3.

I too have a hard time not calling him a 3 year old as well. Maybe he is just a sleek 4 year old tho also. Huge main frame 9!!

I have not seen many scrapes or rubs. And this is on a property with multiple rubbing posts on some big spruce trees. Seeing more this week though.

I would say that is a 5 year old deer def not 3 possible he is 4 but I will stick with 5 I would shoot him this year.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

3.5-4.5 year old and your looking 145"-150"gross score, just from what I can see in the pics. Might be bigger might be smaller. Kind of hard to tell on trail cam pics at times.

jodyoct2012034.jpg.html
Well, we shot him this year. Took him 11-9-12 at about 6:50AM. Was also lucky enough during gun season to find his shed from the year before. We guess him now with the shed at 4.5. He put on about 3" of width, hard to guess on tine length, but a lot of mass was added. Best buck I've ever gotten and first time on the farm we've actually taken the best one we had pics of. Makes for a great season!http://s1220.beta.photobucket.com/user/russrmartin/media/jodyoct2012034.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

http://s1220.beta.photobucket.com/user/russrmartin/media/DSCN3129.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
DSCN3129.jpg.html
DSCN3128.jpg.html
jodyoct2012034.jpg.html
DSCN3131.jpg.html
DSCN3132.jpg.html

Last edited:
Sorry

Sorry guys, work and life kept me out of here for a long time. Never did have this buck officially scored, but the taxidermist had him at 168 and some change. Don't even remember anymore for sure. Saw someone had asked and just thought I'd answer....better late than never right?

Top Bottom