Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age? Score? potential?

BDAHMS

Be here Now
20981-pict0443_original.jpg
20981-pict0450_original.jpg

20981-pict0448_original.jpg

Definitely at least 4.5 but I'd believe 5.5. That's a big main frame 8. I'm thinking he's around 160 give or take a few inches.

IMO there is no way that deer is older than 3.5 he has way too much tone and definition in his face, if he was older than that he would more of the "blocky" head and face. But he has huge potential if he is as young as I think.

IMO there is no way that deer is older than 3.5 he has way too much tone and definition in his face, if he was older than that he would more of the "blocky" head and face. But he has huge potential if he is as young as I think.

I think the beer googles might be on.....

That would be literally the biggest 3 year old eight I've ever seen.

I think the beer googles might be on.....

That would be literally the biggest 3 year old eight I've ever seen.

I don't have beer goggles on...
I just think it looks like literally the biggest 3 yr 8 you've ever seen

I was thinking 3.5 myself. He is actually a 9- his right side as a claw that is mostly hidden in the photos

I was thinking 3.5 myself. He is actually a 9- his right side as a claw that is mostly hidden in the photos

I just don't see it. He's got 5.5 base mass and not a measurement under 4 inches. 2&3's are 10-11 inches and carets mass the whole way.

Mass 40

Main beams 46

Spread 18

Tines 50

That's 154 total inches

He's not streamlined enough in the body for a 3.5 year old IMO. 3 year olds resemble a race horse and typically can't carry that kind of mass throughout the rack. He also appears to dress over 200 which would again be a giant for 3.

Maybe I'm crazy but 3 yr old never crossed my mind....

U guys need to remember u can't always judge age by antler size and they look bigger and heavier with velvet!

I'm thinking 4.5 but more like 5.5. Sway back, saggy belly, thick neck that meets the chest with nearly no differential between the two. He also has a little bit of grey starting it looks like. Score wise he should gross mid 50's I would say. Sweet deer regardless of age or score!

Mass 40

Main beams 46

Spread 18

Tines 50

That's 154 total inches
These are generous numbers...JMO. I think large pictures on a screen can mess with your ability to determine a guess on score, much like a small picture.

His exact age idk, but he's not in his prime and has potential to add inches in the next 2 years. Probably 4.5 and probably mid 140's.

Pretty good math, it takes a heck of a 4 x 4 to get in the 150's let alone in the 160's. first glance always gets me close and he has a 140 inch frame. I agree on the 23 inch main beams using a 7 inch ruler like his ear. He probably does gross in the low 150's but will net in the high 140's. I have a buck on the wall I tool in Davis County a few years ago and it reminds of him especially his height. Age, I don't say much and give numbers there but it's fun ready everyone's thoughts. He has some growing left to do and like most bucks would be tough to pass.

That deer looks 4.5 to me. I'd take him this year if given the chance.

3 year old never crossed my mind either on that deer...

No way he's a 3 year old. He's filled out well and good mass. He's in the 4.5 to 5.5 age range I'd guess...

He's older than 3, but I don't see mid 150's by atleast 15".
Ive seen quite a few 8's in the mid 150's and they are substantially bigger than this guy.
Ill go 4 yr old and 140 gross, now put an arrow in him this fall and report back

Top Bottom