Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age/Score

b0huntr147

I just got onto this new piece of private and this biggest buck on camera so far. I'm thinking he's low 120's and probably 2.5 years old but some of the shots have me wondering if he's 3.5. Just wondering what you guys think.

Body wise he is definitely in the 3-4 age range, shoot he might even be older after I look at the last picture. I wouldn't get too concerned with score at this point. When looking at my photos I am looking at body size to gauge more of an age range and then considering any identifiable points or characteristics to compare them to prior year bucks. Score won't start factoring in until second week of August for me.

Last edited:
That last shot certainly doesn't look like a 2 yr old to me, especially for this time of the year. Wish I could see his belly line better in the first two pictures but with what I can see I would say he is in the 3-4 range as skyleralan said above.

You need better pictures. One picture can make a 2.5 year old look 4.5 and vice versa. It's really important to see that belly in relation to chest and hind quarters for accurate judgment.

I know the buck on right isn't the buck from first 2 pics, my camera is on a 3 shot burst and the next pic in that sequence has the buck on right with his head up and its a little 3x3 basket. Thanks for the opinions guys, hopefully I'll get some more/better pics of him when I check cameras again in a couple weeks.

Top Bottom