Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age this Buck

Terrific_tom

Age this Buck- New Picture Posted

Got a picture of this buck in early January. Never saw it before. What do you think his age is ? After every one has some time to guess I will post original picture.
DSC00049_zps6c15166d.jpg

Last edited:
4.5. Darker forehead, neck blends with shoulders, the brisket is defined, slight dip in the back, flat belly, rump is square.

I'm going with at LEAST 4.5. He looks fat and very filled out for a January picture. Way too big for anything under a 4.5 year old IMO.

A lot of conflicting characteristics. Thin neck, small head, skinny sleek coat. Swayed belly, dark tarsals, big body. Leg length is deceiving because of the deep snow.

I'll go 3.5. Although my dad shot a 5.5 year old buck once that had the body of a yearling. Could've almost picked that deer up and carried him out.

gundog870 said:
Sorry forgot my sarcastic font. Button bucks have dark tarsals

Not a joke that we had a buck killed in 2011 that cementum put at 8.5 killed on nov 2nd and I'd bet he didn't dress more than 170 lbs(yotes got him) and had the body of a 2.5 year old.

Top Bottom