Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age?

Just looking for thoughts on age of this buck. Have pics from a couple years. I have an idea in my head, but wondering what you guys think.

Year 1

Year 2

He looks younger than 3.5 in first set- but 2nd pics I would guess 4.5? So I'll say 4ish

I'm going with over the hill. Perfect example of how a buck can luck different ages in multiple pics. I think he shows mature in all but one so I consider that the outlier. Skin looks a little saggy in his neck too.

What's your estimation on age?

I was waiting to put mine in to get other's opinions, so as not to sway the guesses, but I'm in the 3-3.5 for Year 1 and 4-4.5 for Year 2 camp. Face looks shorter in Year 1 to me, and not as much of a belly. Still straight in the back in Year 2 with the start of a belly. Still doesn't look old in the face to me. Also, he has put on more antler, which I know could happen in later years.

Anyone thinking he could be 2.5 in Year 1 and 3.5 in Year 2? Or 4.5 in Year 1 and 5.5 in Year 2? I'm fairly sure he wouldn't be any older than that, but I haven't pulled a tooth to verify. :)

Top Bottom