Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Alaska Trip

kmehlin

Went to Alaska this past week on a Caribou hunt.
5786-phpr1ngz3pm.jpg

Started out slow, as the warm weather didn't have hardly anything moving. So after four days of not seeing the numbers I had hoped to, I shot a cow on day 4 of 6.

5786-php4p243lpm.jpg

Go figure, that night the flood gates opened and the big bulls were moving, after I was tagged out already..

5786-phpyxc6fipm.jpg

5786-phpbpydispm.jpg

Out of the three of us that went, we all got trophy animals. They took two great bulls, I took some incidental game in a a huge gray wolf.

5786-phplisbw0pm.jpg

Me "wolf" hugging it...

5786-phpn1hrdepm.jpg

Sorry this post isn't very long, flying all night I'm afraid has gotten the best of me. All in all it was a great trip. Hopefully next time my wife will get to go with me...

:way:

Great photos and story! Looks like a very fun and successful hunt if you ask me. That wolf is cool! Thanks for sharing!

That wolf would have been worth it for me. WOW that thing is huge. Sounds like it was a good time...congrats.

Not sure what to do with the wolf yet. As of now it is being tanned up in Alaska. Can anyone recommend a good taxidermist or position for a wolf mount? I do have to decent sized sheds and two ptarmagan to go with the scenery...

congrats on the wolf, looks like an awsome trip, thanks for sharing. I would love to go do it someday as well.

Sweet trip. THANK YOU for sharing the pics. Looks amazing.

Down at my local Ford Dealer there is a full size wolf leaping with his front two paws on the rear of a 180in Full body running whitetail :)

Other than that I prefer just the rugs hung up.

Looks like an amazing trip, to say the least! I agree that the wolf would have made it well worth my while. Thanks for sharing! :way:

-Longspurs-

Not sure what to do with the wolf yet. As of now it is being tanned up in Alaska. Can anyone recommend a good taxidermist or position for a wolf mount? I do have to decent sized sheds and two ptarmagan to go with the scenery...

If you can afford it, have Dingas to do it. 1046 S 20th St
Omaha, NE 68108 It's one of the best studios in the country and you won't be disappointed. If anything else, go there and have a look. It's a really cool place. The last time I was in there, there was like a 64-65 inch kudu. It was just ridiculously huge. You'll see animals from all over the world. It's like going to a museum!

He has a website now! http://www.dingestaxidermy.com/

Wow, what a great trip! Thanks for sharing.

Alaska rocks! Going back to fish for rainbows, dolly varden and salmon in August 2011.

That trip is on my "to do someday" list. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a great hunt!:way:

Top Bottom