Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Albia area land auction

JNRBRONC

I was reading the Adverister tonight. It is one of those bird cage liner rags that gets thrown on your doorstep. Sometimes I feel I should try to press littering charges against them.
grin.gif

Anyhow, there was an ad for some farm ground that will be auctioned off in Cedar County. I was familiar with where the property is located and thought it might be ok recreational ground, so decided to check out the auctioner's website. Low and behold, what did I see but another farm they are auctioning off someplace over by a place called Albia. Anybody familiar with Monroe County? I found it odd that they mentioned it might be good deer hunting ground.
grin.gif
Gee, between corn prices and interest in recreational land, what do you figure ground is going to fetch at auction?

Randy-
I watch the auction sale bills in 3-4 papers and try to make a few just to see what is going on. It has been a couple years since I thought someone got a real deal. Same point I was making in the other post- there is going to be lots more pressure based on the results of energy/ethanol on what will still be recreational ground.

Well I looked at ground in Albia, only 80 acres and it was pretty close to the fame buck farm ground and they were trying to get 5000/acre
shocked.gif

I smiled and gladly declined.

What one buck in a area will do to timber ground. Amazing!

Albia and all woodlands around it is a hunters heaven. The deer genetics are unbelievable. The famed "Loveston buck" isn't the only biggen out there. I also shot my first two turkeys on the first morning of the season down there. It's unbelievable. If you can get good ground at any price, it's worth it, no doubt. If you can pull the extra $bucks$, and put in some time towards management, it's impossible to be disappointed.

Top Bottom