Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Albia buck harvested????

UNI Buck

I just heard last night that someone shot him with a bow. I heard he possibly could score 300+. I know I'm throwing more rumors around, but I couldn't wait any longer to see if someone would post something. If anyone has seen him dead or has a pic I'm sure we will all be interested to hear about it or see.

I got an e-mail about that, too. I'm almost as anxious to get the facts and see the pics as I was for the bow opener!

I have heard the same thing all day long. The story I heard was a kid shot the buck with a muzzleloader during the youth season. I was told that the deer as put down a few days ago, and only a hand full of people knew. A guy I work with claims he knows the father of the boy who shot the deer. I don't know if it is true or not. The standing rule at work is 'If you have not heard a good rumor by noon, start one!' I hope this is not a another rumor.

i hope it's a true rumor. getting sick of "albia buck this and albia buck that" personally.

Muddy. I'll have to second that thought... As much as I love hearing stories about monstrous whitetails, I do believe this one has run it's course. It would be nice if someone deserving had taken the buck and finally the rumours will let up some.(maybe)
confused.gif

I guess I'll put my neck out there and say that yes the Albia buck is dead. As soon as I heard the rumor I called my friends from Albia to confirm it. Two of them had handled the rack personally. The buck was killed by a lucky young man during youth season with a muzzleloader. The boy is the son of the shotgun hunter who wounded the deer two years ago. They seem to be the only ones who have access to hunt this property, and they did it right. By the sounds of it they had this buck patterned well and were confident they would harvest him this season. They definitely put their time in to harvest this buck of a lifetime. From my friends description, the buck has lost inches on his typical 8 pt frame, but added large amounts of nontypical antler. Around 25 nontypical points. Also, from what they described the buck had 6-7 inch mass throughout. It will definitely be a state record muzzleloader buck, but doesn't look like it will hit the 300 inch mark. I guess that's all I have to say about that. Congratulations to the lucky hunter!!

I can backup John DEERE's story. I was hoping to get some permission from the luckys man father to post the story, but with my trip to Canada coming today I just havent had the time.

I also agree that preseason scouting played a hugh role in tagging this deer!

Congrats to the young man! Truly a buck of a lifetime!

John Deere did summarize quite nicely!

We knew about the harvest well before it hit the internet but didn't feel ethically inclined to spread the word without proper permissions. I would like to tell you we will publish the story and pictures but that is not likely to happen anytime soon. I do think initial reports on the net need to be clarified though. When the story does come out - it will be BIG

I hope you can appreciate our hesitancy and ethical stands concerning this story.

Another sight is already posting a green score. It says 322", #3 all time, #1 by a hunter. It'll probably have all kinds of different scores until the real one comes out.

322 4/8" official green score. What a buck! Appears to be 6.5 now and 3.5 when the sheds were found. All I know for sure now.

Top Bottom