Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Albia Buck---Revisited

S

SHEDHEAD

Not to pour salt on the can of worms that has already been opened, but I'm curious to hear what was all said about the legendary "Albia Buck" at the Deer Classic now that the weekend is over. I sure wish I could have been there but I will rely on honest reports from those of you that were fortunate to go. By the way, thanks to those that kept all of us updated here at home, especially OneCam for the great pictures!!

I spent a considerable amount of time in the Shed Antler Display all weekend long and I won't even begin to repeat all the trash I heard. I will say one thing I meet the gentleman thats owns the sheds off the buck. Never once did I hear him say he found them or say anything about them being found on his land! I came away with the impression that he enjoys whitetail deer just like the rest of us. On seversal occasions I saw him let people hold them and take pictures with them. These were not the only sheds he had at the display. I know he has recieved a ton of negitive posts on here and other web sites. After meeting him I feel allot of you negitive posters owe him an apology. Just my 2 cents worth.

Chris

Primetime, yes a little, but I'm not about to start any rumors about the buck.
I was just awe struck over the mass and overall apperance of the sheds. I know alot of people were ripping on him for having them posted on his web site, when he didn't find them or they weren't found on his land. But you know I've seen photos of my personal sheds on guys websites that I don't even know who they are. There wasn't anything on their web site saying anything about the sheds not belonging to this person, but one is lead to believe they are his sheds. Imagine my suprise when I was browsing his site only to see my and others that I know and our sheds were on his site. After other shed hunters mentioned this to me, we wondered how he got the photo's. All I know is hey I hope other antler nuts are enjoying the photos of my sheds. It's not a big deal for me that the Albia sheds aren't owned by the finder and that the gentleman that owns them now has them posted on his web site. I'm just thankful he brought them to the classic for all to enjoy. While we are at it, for all the ones that say they wouldn't want anyone else"s rack or sheds. Thank goddness Larry does, because of him I'm treated to the best whitetail show on earth! I don't mean to complain but some of you spend to much time tearing other hunters and collectors down. Good luck to my fellow shed hunters.

Chris

I think what the people were trying to bring to a point was him holding the sheds on his outfitting website saying look at our recent find.I don't remember, but, does he say anything about someone else finding them or purchasing them?If I were to not know the inside info I get off of here, I would think he's advertising for me to come to his outfitting business and get a chance to shoot this deer.

ISHEDHUNT- First let me say, you probably did talk to the owner and he probably is a nice guy. What I was saying in the Albia Buck forum as you were referring to in this post was that he used the antler's to promote his business by saying "Check out our recent finds". This is false advertisement in all aspects of business. I, too, am a shed hunter and was very impressed with your sheds. But, I don't feel it is right to have someone using your sheds for their sites or articles without your permission.

By the way, when you talked to the owner, did he say he found the other sheds or did he tell you he was kicked off the property for trespassing by the owner? Did he also tell you all of the photo's taken of the deer were done while trespassing?

My point is ethics. We all try to be reasonable about everyone's wishes when it comes to trespassing property and I am only making a point when I post my opinion.

Good posts and good topics of conversation. I am still left wandering though if the buck was shot this year, wounded or still roaming around healthy and ready to drop another massive set of sheds. I suppose no one is saying until the sheds are found, that is if he is still alive. Any inside information on the life (or death) of this buck without restarting the "rumor mill"?

i think the albia sheds really made the shed antler display....they were like a centerpiece to a work of art...i looked at that wall and i was amazing that these deer could survive another year....think of it this way......what are those monsters gonna look like the next year....have the reached their potential and are on the way down?...noone knows, because these deer have eluded hunters and survived out in all of the rain and snow of iowa winters

Traker and Full Strut, I understand what you are saying and respect that. Full Strut, as for the tresspassing I don't think I have ever had anyone admit to me that they were tresspassing. I'm not going to judge him or anyone else. Those sheds are awesome and hopefully the deer is alive and someone will find his sheds again this year. Good luck shed hunting.

Chris

Top Bottom