Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Albia News

OneCam

Here's a recent report from the Albia Newspaper on the Albia Buck - the pictures that the report is referring to can be found here - Albia Buck History

It's great to continually see Iowawhitetail.com being referred to in press!

yeah, that's the 2nd or 3rd iowawhitetail.com plug in a newspaper i've seen thus far!! way to go administators!!
waytogo.gif

i was milling around the Primos web site. They have a message board there too called cabin chat. I scrolled down and saw a heading called iowa's new record. So i clicked on it and other hunters from around the the country were talking about the Albia buck. And one guy gave a web link and it was a link to Iowawhitetail!!!!! I thought it was pretty cool!!
jason

at this time i don't think you can believe too much that is said.

I haven't, a handful of people in the area have and it's reported to be the largest rack the buck has produced. They aren't letting any pictures out because the magazines want full rights.

I just joined Iowa Whitetail. I also just graduated from college at Indian Hills in Ottumwa. I had a teacher there that hired some dude to come on her property and track the biggin. She has pictures from trail cams that the guy put out. I had asked to bow hunt her land and she said that with the rumors flying around about the price of the trophy she just couldn't let me. She called when she heard about the buck being killed, and she also said that her husband heard about another guy that killed a 200 class already this season. Need to buy land in Marion county, huh!!

From the trail cam picture from last year, I didnt think the buck was even near 300inches. So how come I keep hearing this buck scored 322 inches this year? I couldnt figure out how the buck would get bigger this late in its life. Is this score just hype?

I think people overestimated his age. My guess is that he was still at his prime right now and was one heck of a nice 3 year old the first year we heard about him. I've seen hints of that being the case elsewhere here.

Well since I have read a bunch of stuff regarding the Albia buck I will throw in what I heard today. I will start by saying that this information was passed along by a DNR officer. The story is that the father of the boy who shot the deer and 3 other men made a pack that no matter who took the deer that the four of them would split the proceeds from the deer equally. And that now the biological father of the boy that shot the deer is now getting involved in the process as well. In another twist the story goes that the DNR has taken the carcass to look over the bullet holes....I say holes because it seems that there was also a 22 calibur hole in the buck as well. Also with the trail camera pictures that were taken some people are wondering if baiting was involved in the harvesting of this deer.

I want to close by saying that I am not saying that I believe any of this is true, but I do think that we are all going to see a lot more information boil to the surface regarding this buck.

Don't know about the previous post, could be possible. I agree with 150 Class, this buck was 6 yrs or younger. My guess is he would have been even bigger over the next 2 yrs through his prime. The score of 322 green is what the two scorers, both of whom are DNR officers are reporting, I highly doubt that they'd exaggerate.

AEB, if the 322 score holds then it'll be a world record hunting kill. There are two larger trophy's, The current B&C world record, the 44-point "Missouri Monarch," was found dead near the city limits of St. Louis in 1981 and boasts a score of 333 7/8 inches. "The current B & C No. 2, the "Hole in the Horn Buck" from Ohio, is a 45-point non-typical buck discovered in 1940 with a net score of 328 2/8 inches The current record for a buck killed via the hunt is the OHIO BEATTY BUCK at 304 6/8 on the B&C." (above is from ESPN outdoors article)

893USA1-thumb[1].gif

i still have the north american whitetail magazine where the buck was first reported. it was estimated then the the buck would score over 300, so 322 is not unbeivable. the pics that show the bait pile, i think, came from that realtree video, and i would think that the bait piles were set out to draw the deer to the trail cameras. the pics that show the bait pile are old pics. they show green grass, the grass hasn't been green in iowa for months. i can't see how they could prove that the deer was shot over a bait pile. now as for the .22 hole in the carcass.....that is a new one to me, i hope like hell that isn't true. it will make hunters look terrible. like we really need another black eye in the press. or need another reason for the idiot marc hanson to spin another anti hunter story

Top Bottom