Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Albino buck

203ntyp

PMA Member
A freind sent me this picture taken in Pa, I don't have any details yet so I'm no sure if it's a free ranging deer & still alive or not, nice picture though!
948Albino-_03_3.jpg

203, that is a cool picture. There is a white doe on one of the farms I hunt, saw her last Sunday so I know she made it through the rifle season. I'm going to put a camera out next week to see if I can get a picture of her.

with the brown patch of hair on his forehead would that deer be considered a piebald instead of an albino? I don't know if theres a percentage of color to be considered either or?

Makes you wonder... It's got a pink nose and eyes - which usually means albino. The tarsal glands are stained dark too - could that dark forhead just be stains from glands and rubbing on trees?

Pink eyes pink nose=albino That’s a good one to get out of the gene pool! They are pretty, but they will have spinal problems, and more problems with aging.

pink eyes, pink nose, that buck is an albino. i'd second that those are urine stains on his tarsals and i would also agree that the forehead is all stained from tree rubbage.

beautiful deer, don't think i could bring myself to shoot one even though they are considered genetic mutation/freaks.

I had an albino doe in front of me on the last day of archery season about 7 years ago. She was 15 yards away with five other does. She had been seen in the area a few times and I had a camera. The sun was setting behind me and it looked like a beautiful photo opp so I started to snap some pics with the disposable camera. I didn't shoot her because I didn't want to face the abuse I would have taken from the neighbors who knew she was around but did shoot one of the does she was with. I was more excited to get my film developed than I was about taking the doe. The next morning I took my film in and an hour later......HUGE disapointment!! The film was no good in the camera.
bawling.gif

A year later I did get some photos of her but they were much farther away and never did have a close encounter with her again. Now days I always carry a quality camera with me just in case I get a chance to catch something neat on film.

Top Bottom