Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All Day Hunts-Staying motivated

lun115

Each year I tell myself I'm going to stay in stand all day during the prime rut. The day goes on and by 1030-1100 I'm itching to get out, stretch my legs, and get bite to eat. What do you guys do to stay motivated and stay in stand all day. How do you get over the stiff legs,bordem, and need to just move around? This year I bought a hand held blackjack game, but a guy can only play that so much, and after a while just standing up in the stand doesn't cut it for stretching the body.
Does any one have any good mind games, handheld games, or execise ideas that take away the stiff legs/sort behind, and bordem? How do you guys do the all day sits, or what do you do to past the time during the more unproductive times of day?

I love all day sits when the conditions are right. But if I didn't bring food and something to read, I wouldn't make it through very many. A lot of guys move to different stands during the day which would really break things up. I don't have enough land to hunt to burn that many stands in one day.

Main thing is you HAVE to be comfortable. When you get a treestand get something that fits you good. Bring a lunch. I know some people dont like this, but, text people. That kills alot of time. Ive never tried reading while in the tree. Ill have to try that some time.

A footrest bar makes a huge difference for an all day sit especially on the lower back. I don't use my Summit climber as much as I could but it's way comfortable with the suspension seat, footrest and padded backrest.

what do you do to past the time during the more unproductive times of day?

That right there is your problem: there are no unproductive times of the day! All it takes is a couple of minutes for things to change. Keep thinking that.

That right there is your problem: there are no unproductive times of the day! All it takes is a couple of minutes for things to change. Keep thinking that.

I agree, boredom is a state of mind. We wait all year for bowseason to get here and before you know it, it is gone. Just enjoy being out there!!

I was going to possibly do an all day hunt Friday, but I forgot about that little word......class. Ugghhh. At least it isn't a terrible class. Psychology, somewhat interesting IMO. Probably hunt in the morning for a while (hopefully have to go back after class and drag a dead deer out). My girlfriend wants to hunt in the afternoon (ducks), so we'll probably go somewhere and throw a few decoys out and see if we can get a flock or two to cooperate.

i was playing with easyedge on my phone and found world series of poker holdem game thats pretty cool.i think it was 2 dollars a month.right now where im at all my buddies that are hunting throughout the day are seeing best movement between 1:00 and 2:00.good luck

Top Bottom