Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All Day Sits

Not quite all day. Took a lunch break. Had one good shooter in this morning but for some reason he stopped at 8 yds behind a tree and turned around.

x2... I was gonna end it all and shoot myself but didnt know how to do it with a bow!

If I had to get my hands out for more than 30 seconds they were burning! I am honestly, not going to hunt in the morning because of the cold! It was no fun tonight with the cold and frustration!

If I could I would. Love the cold weather and how it makes the deer so much more active. I really need to upgrade my cold weather clothing though. I layer like crazy but I just don't have the right outer layer to insulate and keep it all in. My hands do pretty well keeping them in pockets. I bow hunt bare handed since that's how I practice. Had a standoff with a buck tonight where I couldn't move and no joke I was holding my bow in my left had for at least five minutes. Finally was able to move enough to switch the bows weight to my right hand and when I went to put my left hand slowly in my pocket it was kinda stuck to the bow. I looked down and realized I hadn't opened my hand all the way even though I though I had and my fingers were still gripping the riser but were so numb I couldn't feel it. Haha that's probably not good....

If I could I would. Love the cold weather and how it makes the deer so much more active. I really need to upgrade my cold weather clothing though. I layer like crazy but I just don't have the right outer layer to insulate and keep it all in. My hands do pretty well keeping them in pockets. I bow hunt bare handed since that's how I practice. Had a standoff with a buck tonight where I couldn't move and no joke I was holding my bow in my left had for at least five minutes. Finally was able to move enough to switch the bows weight to my right hand and when I went to put my left hand slowly in my pocket it was kinda stuck to the bow. I looked down and realized I hadn't opened my hand all the way even though I though I had and my fingers were still gripping the riser but were so numb I couldn't feel it. Haha that's probably not good....

I broke out the Warmbag, I honestly didn't get that cold, but just need a little bit of a mental break tomorrow morning and some rest. This season is wearing on me!

I was out all day from dark to dark Saturday. Although I spent the morning on the ground due to too much ice on the stand to feel safe, and then did a little spot and stalk/push to try to bump deer into position to walk under the stand later in the day. Then jumped in the stand around 1:00 (after scraping ice off -- yeah, that was really quiet! :D), only to eat my frozen bologna sammich and sit for an hour before I realized my phone had dropped out of my pocket during my spot and stalk. So, back to the spot and stalk I went, only this time more or less trying to spot my phone. Found it on round two! Then got back in the stand for about 2 hours only to see a doe and fawn cut across the neighboring ground. Yep, good day!

Top Bottom