Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All Day Stands

docH

I was just wondering how everyone passes the time when they are in their stand from sun up to sundown. I've never been able to stay out all day. I've heard of some people reading or playing video poker games (silent mode, of course). I want to stay out all day, and was just looking for some pointers.
confused.gif

call me crazy, but i always have a little gameboy with tetris on it, can play it for hours and not miss a thing in the woods. you get pretty good at that game over the course of a season lol, well goodluck

Your mind will be you best friend or your worst enemy on an all day stand.

I try to get into the mind-set that a big buck could show up at any minute of the day. I don't play any games, read a book, or anything.

Go to the woods with a sack lunch, get a comfortable stand, and most important of all, a good deer hunting attitude.
grin.gif

I have a complete harness for a safety belt so I take a good ole snooze. I can't fall out of the tree!

sleeping.gif

Pupster

As far as sitting all day, daydreaming and a short nap can keep me busy on a slow deer day. People say that if you sleep you might not see a deer, but I say if I did not take that nap I would not be in my tree all day either so it pays of in my mind! I also find it easy to stay in stand if you are dry, warm, and have plenty of food to snack on. As far as food that would leave no scent apples? I usually just put sandwhiches in a ziploc bag and any trash in there also that should keep scent down. Just watch the wind, keep alert, and don't move to much!

I place my all day stands near or in bedding areas so the chances of seeing deer activity all day are high. I have to keep my head on straight and thinking of deer hunting but a game boy would be nice on the slow days.

Top Bottom